Do men really NEED to be the 'hunters'?

What do men think of women who ask them out? Call first? Text first? Is it cool for the women to initiate contact at the beginning of a dating relationship, or does it truly drive men away?

Most Helpful Guy

• I want a woman willing to make the first move. I put it right in my profile. The one that I will go after first and harder will be the one that asks me out first. the one that is sending me the texts wtihout me having to send one first. the one calling me instead of texting. I want to know she is really interested in me and not in playing games.

• Are you sure she will respect you if you need her to be the one to show interest?

• Why? women keep saying they want to be equal. Well then they can come after me. And all I am asking for is her to make that first move and then I kinda take it from there. but at the same time...communication should not be one sided. The last woman I had would constantly send me little sayings and nice texts saying she was thinking about me. all the things I do for the woman I am with she was doing for me. If she didn't end up living 50 miles away we would still be together. It was great. and if she doesnt, then she can find someone else. I am older. I spent 25 years in a very co-dependent relationship. I won't do that again. she likes me for me. if she doesn't, well I haven't had issues finding dates. I will move on to the next one...

What Guys Said 15

• yeah, as long as you are attractive you can be as aggressive as you'd like. Indeed, attractive girls tend to induce the assumption that they are not single or otherwise out of our reach, so some initiative on her part is usually very well received.

Of course, if a girl seems a little too intense about her pursuit, that can be a major turn-off, even if she is really hot. That intensity is indicative of a personality we wouldn't want to live with, but in being hot we would still want to bone her. However, the intensity implies she would be incapable of hooking up and moving on.

• Even though I know I can do the first move, I prefer women to make the first move. It shows that she's interested in me and not playing any mind games. She goes after what she wants -- that's what a real woman is.

• times are changing. doesn't really matter to me lol.

• Cool yes
    but take no for an answer and cool it to friends level
    or take yes as a green light, instead of just being a tease for self ego

• We just care about hot. If you're fucking hot you can do whatever.

• I think it ought to be mutual. I don't think men NEED to be the hunters. I would actually appreciate if a girl called/text me first. There IS no reason why girls can't do that. It's so stupid.

• Well, first girls want the guy to do it, then when they don't they think it's unmanly. Make up your minds.

• Well I don't date, but I'm always in control. Even when I play dead. And I like playing dead.

• no. I totally dig it. I actually love it and would rather date this girl than anyone elsr

• yes its cool for women to do so.

• And it never happpens

• That would be awesome. We need more women that do this.

• i don't feel that should be the case

• no thats just a term to describe how were always on the look out for girls

• Societal bullshit. REVOLT!!!

What Girls Said 2

• I have experienced both sides men who have to hunt. And men that likes the woman to hunt. I think it's just a personality type. I'm a hunter and I love it. Just take your time and try to get a feel of when he wants you to be in control/make the first move. You don't want to come off to aggressive or desperate.

• It's biological from caveman days when the men had to be the hunters and the women were the nurturers.