How do you transition a friendship to a relationship?

I feel as if my best guy friend (4 years) and I have a slight chance of being more than friends. I was just curious as to how you would transition to a relationship. Or is there really no transition?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would just straight up tell him, hey I think I may be starting to have feelings for you. Do it kinda slow though, making sure that he knows if he does not want to be more than friends then you can remain friends (If you can). He may or may not like you back, some guys will wait that long if they think its worth it.

But if that is not the way you want to do it you could also just invite him over and grab and hold his had and see how he reacts haha but that could either end really awesomely or kind of awkwardly.

• I can say we've done a lot for each other. Like he's always there for me and recently this guy I was crushing on cut me out and I told him. I felt like that brought us closer.
      He also always tells me we'll go out to restaurants around the area or just hang out. There was a time when we were in a busy area with a lot of people and I told him he might lose me so he grabbed my hand and once we got to a calmer area I let go because I was scared. Yeah, I know. I'm stupid. I don't know if what he's doing is because we're best friends or... We also call each other bae and boo. It started out as a joke but it kind of stuck.

What Guys Said 4

• The way I see it is you can either kiss him, unexpectedly or if you feel like the moment is right, and if he kisses you back, or if he pushes you away, you know either way. I know it's scary but sometimes you have to take the leap. Personally I'd prefer to be surprised, and then my gut reaction would tell me what I really felt about you.

• Do guys like when girls make the first move?

• Do what i say... U have to give her signs
    Um...just call him at midnight...and don't talk much just be srious...and then when he askswhat happened...why u made a call at midnight.. Just say her that you wanted to propose her... And just be good to him...if he is having feeling towards you...he would take the things seriously...and you two would makeup bieng in a relationship...this method is slow but works most of the times..

• become distant

• There is definitly a transition. If both of you want it, it'll happen

• But like how. How do I know if he feels the same? Are there any signs?

• Make it sound like he's the flirt. By that I mean ask if the things he's been doing were flirting. Don't tell him Ur feelings yet. Awkward Ness will be reduced greatly

What Girls Said 1

• After being friends for so long you have to just tell him "hey I've been like we should try being in a relationship instead of a friendship" and see what he has to say.