I'm a tall guy, over 6 foot 4, dark hair, just joined a gym. I can't seem to attract a girlfriend. I talk to girls at the gym, they don't stay around?

Hi girls.
Any advice. I talk to girls at the gym, but because I am single, they don't stay around for long. I'm 46 and would like to find a similar gym type girl around 30 to fall in love and be romantic with. Of course there is the chance to enjoy great sex and intimacy too, I just miss this and feel so lonely.
I would be so greatful for some advice from the girls.
Thanks in advance.
Snow Crystal.

So Am I trying too hard to find a Girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, I've dated a guy who was older than me and I would say once a guy gets beyond around 33 and is still single girls start thinking he's not too serious.. even I. most of the older guys I talked to seemed to have commitment/trust issues that they weren't even ready to get over. I recommend maybe trying online dating though tinder or okcupid because I know that the gym isn't the best place to get hit on , girls want to look there best not be sweaty and feel like they need a shower while talking to a guy.

• Thanks for the comment, It was very useful, I appreciate it, I am considering a couple of dating websites, I just want to get my life into some sort of order and in balance with nature

What Girls Said 9

• a lot of women do not want to meet guys at the gym. they feel uncomfortable because they feel like a guy is only looking at their body. They also think that the guy hits on every woman and thinks that he is full of himself if he is trying his hardest to show off his body and get attention. Grown adult women usually look for different things in a man. A guy who shows off his body and is full of himself may impres a teenage girl but once she grows up and gains expirence and becomes a mature woman, she learns how to look for different things in a man and not fall for him because of his body.

you should try meeting women elsewhere, like take a class or join a meet up group

• Hi. Very wise words, Thank you for your advice. A very steep learning curve I shall have to climb. I am thinking very seriously about joining a meet up group or an online dating website. I appreciate your advice.

• Do you have any pictures?

• No one wants to date someone who could be their dad. Sorry but your chances are slim. No advice can help you. Except that women don't like to be approached at the gym. They're sweaty and gross and there to work out not get hit on.

• How do you look?

• Like I said. I'm over 6 foot tall, dark, average to good looking, blue eyes with I've been told a lovely smile. Slim and athletic build with a positive outlook on life.

• It's hard to tell without asking.

• when ever I seem to ask, they comment, oh I'm with my BF. I know the old saying Move on, but it seems to be universal,

• When I see really handsome guys at the gym sometimes I just assume that they are taken.

• I'm in the same problem area with girls, too shy or nervous to strike up a conversation :o (

• You sound cute :).. Um be more confident... Message me

• height doesn't matter.
    work on your looks.

• You want someone 16 years you get then you? Good luck with that. Most girls aren't attracted to guys that much older. Maybe you would find a gf if you were more realistic

• Because you're talking to them at the gym... the gym is known for just hook ups.

• before the gym, I was just a go to work, then stay at home sort of guy

What Guys Said 4

• Don't talk too much and just focus on the training for the time being. Otherwise you'll look like a guy who is just not serious and only using the gym for picking up women. When you're feeling confident just ask if you can hop in with a woman who is using a machine and don't be all that aggressive. Then do a few sets and see if she wants to workout later sometime.

Don't make everything so upfront and just see if you can workout with some people here and there and let it mold overtime. It's much less upfront this way and if it don't work out, at least you still got some exercise in.

• I see where you're coming from, thanks, other people have said, not to be too forward, as it just looks desperate

• Wait, is your birth name Snow Crystal? if so that's greatest name ever.

• Gym's not a good place to meet dates.

• bro you go to the gym and workout. done.