I would appreciate some opinions on why Iv never had even 1 girlfriend so far?

I'm 25 this year and havnt had even 1 girlfriend. I'm not a bad looking chap. I do however have a bit of a confidence issue because Iv never had a gf. I'm a little shy when I'm around girls I havnt known for a while. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong I just can't get them to display any interest in me. I'm like the guy on the sideline that doesn't get noticed unless they want something from me like buy them a drink etc. I think I have a critical personality flaw in this whole relationship thing. Any thoughts that could help?

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is a lot of girls have probably been attracted to you and wanted to see where things went. Girls (although things are changing) have been told not to make the first move, if a guy likes you he will let you know he likes you, guys don't like a dominant woman, etc. Therefore you have to make the first move. Also your shyness probably comes off like you aren't interested. Some how you have to get some confidence and make a move.

What Girls Said 6

• Well, first, don't get insecure about that. If you want someone to love you you need to love yourself first, and if you want a girl to trust you enough to give you their heart, you must trust yourself first :) It's completly normal, I know a lot of guys and girls that at your age or even older who never had a girlfriend or boyfriend, and then they finally found one :)
    Then, don't be shy, it will stop girls from getting to know your personality, your real you. And more than the way you look (althought it helps, of course), your personality, words and sense of humor is what we (girls) will fall for. ;)

• Some guys are like that hun, I know two off the top of my head. Both lovely guys, both good looking and funny. I don't think there's a woman out there that is good enough for them but at the same token I want it to happen for them, for them to meat someone. It will happen for them and it will happen for you, don't worry

• How's your hygiene and personal care? NOTHING stops the interest faster than someone who doesn't smell good. This is true for me and all my friends feel the same. That means breath, too. Try Dr Katz mouthwash; it works miracles for sinus and sulphury smelling breath (and no, I don't sell it). Some high-quality cologne in small doses usually goes a long way, too. Don't know if that's at all the issue, but I figured I'd offer it as a possibility.

• It really depends on the girl you're going after. You might be targeting one personality type, without realizing it, that wouldn't be interested in you back. Some girls aren't attracted to shy men.
    I might be wrong, but go for a girl you wouldn't usually pursue, but still attracts you. Expand your horizons a bit, maybe try a dating site.

• Be more assertive.

• Maybe you should talk to them and try to be romantic, romance works on every girl, we like to be shown attention so try to focus on the girl you like and make her feel special.

• How lol that's probably my problem I dont really know how to go about doing that?

• Stop being shy! Girls love boys that are confident. Tell the girl she looks beautiful and ask her about her hobbies find something you have in common with her than ask her to do it with you like a date.

What Guys Said 3

• Dude...you can't be shy as a guy and have any success in dating.

You're going to have to break that shyness.

When talking to females, be casual, have fun, stop focusing on impressing and seeking to be liked.

As the saying goes, girls just want to have fun! :)

• Whatever people say with "be yourself and it will be fine".. don't do that if you're shy, put on a fuckin mask and pretend like it's a game untill you a comfortable with her.

• sadly girls still remain the passive sex