How late can I allow a guy to be?

Tonight is our first date and he's suppose to be here at 7:30. He said he'll be a little late. How late can he be before I can refuse to leave the house?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its 7:30 here right now 😱 i say 30 minutes if he said he'd be a "little late"

• Time twins.

• He was very sweet. He took me to the lake 😁 he tried to fuck me on to he first date. That was a turn off but hey he didn't rape me so I'll give him credit for that 😂

• 😂😂😂 well at LEAST he didn't do tht haha

What Guys Said 11

• You gotta go with your gut and determine whether or not his reason is legit.

Sometimes shit just happens in life, and it'd suck to miss out on someone simply because of an arbitrarily-decided time limit, ya know?

• If you pulled that on me, you'd be done. I wouldn't ask you back out. No matter how much I initially liked you. Just go with the flow, and if he is habitually late, then stop dating him. It's that easy. No need to try and control him and hope that you can change him (you can't). It'll just turn him off.

• If I refuse to come out of the house then that means I'm already done with him haha

• That depends
    *-on your desire to go out with him. (or to stay at home with or without him)
    *- His reason to be late: binging his mom to the clinic or drinking a beer with a friend?

• He was in another city with family

• It may be both: bad planning or unforeseen circumstances. One can't always dump the family at the moment one wants.

• You're right.

• 5 minutes. for God's sake.

• Why would you refuse to leave the house?

• If he's later than he should be

• If I refuse to come out of the house it means I no longer have any interest whatsoever so that would be fine

• Good luck with that

• Is he there yet?

• He came 20 minutes late

• He's actually really really sweet

• If a guys dating a girl he should be early to prove his point to show he's a good man

• This is like the only perfect man on gag

• Yeah , all guys should make a good impression if he truly cares for the girl, why be late for a date that's a poor impression and dam sad excuse not good at all on his part

• half hour. typically 15 minutes is a given, then you can be nice and give him 15. thats why they say 30 minutes is fashionably late. why can't he take you out if he's later than that?

• It depend how much money he brings

• it's part of dating and it brings in the excitement too

• Don't answer the door after 7:32

What Girls Said 6

• It depends what his reason is for being late and if he seems genuine

• I mean if he told you he'll be a little late then I wouldn't get to mad unless its like over an hour or more

• refusing the house is a bit too much plus he's already giving you the heads up - how long is it before the date? I would say text him and tell him to text you ten minutes before he's there - that way you don't have to sit and wait on him. if he takes more than 30 mins I would just expect a really good explanation.

• 1 minute late as of now. He said he's speeding to get here. I don't want him to speed or anything.

• don't worry about it - if he's there within 15 mins its fine, trust me he already feels horrible.

• Half an hour mostly in extreme cases 45 to 60 mins

• There is a time limit for him to be late? What if you were the one who was late?

• Id never be that late

• Give him time he's probably nervous. If he apologies get over it. Not everyone is good with time management.