When do women grow out of the "bad boy" phase?

Women mature faster than men - that's obvious. But women also play the immature game with dating - chasing after bad boys, trying to change them, and then crying when it doesn't work out. When there are perfectly good, responsible guys who would LOVE to treat them like goddesses right in front of them.

So what age do women snap out of it and start going for the guy that actually wants them to be happy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't been in this phase. Bad boys bore me. Rebellious behavior often compensates for a lack of neurons. BLAH. Anyways, some girls eat that kind of behavior up. And as apropos stated, I too believe that such individuals never stop falling for it.

What Girls Said 12

• When do men grow out of the "women only like bad boys" phase?

Seems like you'd grow out of that in your mid 20's.

• It depends on the girl. I never went threw a "bad boy phase", but my sister is 26, and she still acts exactly the way you describe.

• It's not a phase, it's either a preference or poor judge of character.

• I never had a bad boy phase, I always preferred innocent virgins

• Ok whatever , u know nothing

• "You know nothing, Jon Snow"

• I've always liked good guys. I don't know where you are.

• Honestly some of them never do. But usually they grow out of it in their mid 20's-30's.

• when they realize they're worthless & want something better for themselves

• It depends on who it is and who they are around.

• When they've lost hope into 'changing' them and realising that it's getting them nowhere.

• I've never really been into "bad boys".
    I prefer them to be good guys outside the bedroom, maniacal beasts in.

• I hope I never grow out of it. I don't try to change them. I love a crazy man

What Guys Said 9

• They don't want a responsible guy who treats them like a goddess.

They want a confident guy with high status.

When they're young, that's mainly 'bad boys'.

As they get older, some of the more responsible guys who became corporate lawyers or whatever start driving BMWs and becoming cocky, then they 'grow out' of their bad boy phase and move on to those guys, since most of the former bad boys have flamed out and now have low status.

Bad boys who are successful keep raking in the women, and those who at least have their crap together still land younger women easily.

They snap out of it and look for guys that want them to be happy around the time men snap out of caring about looks and sex and go for a nice sweet but ugly girl who bakes well. I.e. never.

• no offense intended, but if there is an ugly girl who really really loves you and wants you and is willing to do everything for you, you would also still want the hot girl next door. It's the same thing, this is stereotype 'nice guy talk' which I do not believe in.

Nobody wants someone that seems desperate, just like you want the hot girl, they want the hot guy (which usually is the badboy as you call it)

So now I came to the point where I will backfire your question

At what age will you snap out of chasing hot girls and will you settle for the (ugly) girl that actually wants you to be happy

• There are some I have met that I suspect never will grow out of it. Some girls I meet just love the drama they get from the bad boys because "it makes life more interesting." I suspect these are the girls that can't be alone and must always be in a relationship.

For almost everyone I meet, every boy or girl grows up and figures out what they do and don't like in relationships. They establish boundaries to what kind of behaviour they will and will not accept from other people.

• When they get older, more mature and less attractive. And the funny thing is that women are looked upon as the gender that "matures" faster.

• When they're no longer sexually desirable to bad boys

• I think the ones that are into bad boys never really do.

• some never do. but most of the time, its when they're ready to settle down, typically in their late 20's

• when the shit hits the fan

• When their like 40 by then their not hot like when they are young so they go for a nice guy with money who will take care of her and her kids