First heartbreak

My boyfriend dumped me today after days of avoiding me. We had such a great time with each other. I've never gone through a hard break up. It hurts. And I just want to get over him. Ugh. Why are guys such assholes?

Most Helpful Girl

• Every time I had a bad break up I would have one good cry and pull myself together. The knowledge that time really does heal all wounds did much for me. I would tell myself that every day I got through was another day closer to moving on. You did what you could - there are just some things that are beyond your control. Just take it one day at a time. I promise you, one day you'll look back and think, "Good riddance!" It just takes faith.

There are many of us who have been there and done that - it passes, it really does. Look around, we were all walking wounded at one time or another - but you get over it eventually. Really.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I understand exactly what you're feeling. My boyfriend avoided me for three days before he broke up with me, too. I'm not sure why they do that. Maybe they are too ashamed to talk to you because they know they are about to dump you. Who knows? That was also my very first break up, too. The first break ups are always the hardest. You get so attached and everything feels so right between the two of you. This is what I did, and it did wonders!

I bought a spiral notebook and wrote down all the feelings I had bundled up inside. I know this sounds emo-ish, but it helped me so much! I eventually started writing down all the memories I had with him. The more I wrote, the madder I got. The madder I got, the better I felt. Eventually, I was so mad at him, I couldn't stand to be near him or let alone think about him! I moved on in about a month and started dating someone else. All my feelings for that jerk who broke my heart were gone!

Hope his helps! =)

• its because some of the guys not all are just born assholes..:)