Why can't people understand that I don't want a boyfriend right now?

I broke up with my abusive boyfriend like eight days ago and already my friends are trying to hook me up with their guy friends. I told them I don't want a relationship and they know damn well that I just got out of a six month relationship and I'm free. My friend told me that her cousin has always been attracted to me even when I was with my boyfriend. When I was dating my ex, she convinced me to dump him and get with her cousin. I'm not attracted to him. I told her I'm not ready. I'm 19 and I have plenty of time for guys. I'm working on majoring in Science in college. I'm very happy being single.

I few guys have been asking me out since I'm newly single. Why can't a young women just enjoy being singe? Ladies do you feel me?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• they be competing to be best friend status hahaha

• well i thing pier pressure in groups of girlfriends is so much stronger than guys! you stick to your guns and enter back into dating when your good and ready me dear! good on ya!

• Wanna go out?

What Girls Said 3

• Girl I feel you, I'm 18 and I am going through the exact same problem.
    Worse still all my friends say I'm evil because I keep on rejecting them lool
    It's now that I'm loving the single life, that guys start flocking to me like birds to bread looool
    Don't worry though your're friends will understand eventually that you'll get one IF and WHEN you want, and only when you're ready.
    Don't let anyone pressure you into something you're not ready for. Enjoy yourself:)

• Thanks.People think we need a man to be happy. No we don't. My friends think I'm picky and shallow. That isn't true. I just want to be single for a while. I have plenty of time to find a man.

• I know the feeling. I think they do it so you don't feel down on yourself and remember that you are a catch. Just stay true to yourself and remind everyone that you are not ready to date.

• I'm tall at 6'2. I thought guys didn't like very tall girls. My friend's cousin is like 5'8" and he loves my tallness but personality. I think he's just feels sorry for me.

• NH, some guys don't care about height. He is probably secure with himself.

• Oh poor you you have friends that care about you and want you to be happy that must suck for you