Would you date someone not physically attractive?

Would you ask someone to be your girlfriend if she wasn't the most attractive girl you've ever dated? Or even if she's not all that physically attractive at all (like she's bigger than most girls you've been with)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Attraction isn't a choice. If you're talking about someone's superficial appearance then no... if I'm not naturally attracted to how a girl looks then I'm not likely going to invest the time in dating with the hopes that she wins me over.

But if I'm friends with a girl I'm not automatically superficially attracted to physically it's completely possible for me to get to know her personality... and with time grow an attraction for her.

Basically this is what most guys do with women... how else would so many of us fat guys hook up with hotties... cause we force these girls to experience our personalities... and with time grown attracted to us for more than our superficial appearances.

So if you're a girl who feels unattractive physically then you might want to do two things... develop your inside-self so deeply and fully that your outside-self matches. Even really "fat" girls can be hot when they love their own bodies, when they dress for their size, and they express attractive/seductive personalities.

Love yourself and it'll show in how you express yourself. :P

~ Robby

What Guys Said 16

• No. Other guys, sometimes really bad guys, get to date the attractive girls. I want that for myself as well. We get one life and I want to enjoy the best life has to offer. I don't want to waste my time settling for less and pretending I am fine with something I am not. I want the real experience. That's romantic. Settling is not.

• if im not physically attracted to her? then honestly no. if im not attracted to her physically then im not only cheating on myself but im cheating on her as well.

• To much of the world if visually based, got to love the marketing brain washing.
    There are many people who are attracted to large, overweight, skinny, hands, feet, hair, boobs, butt, legs etc. Even what most would call ugly people.
    Everyone has something that is attractive to the opposite or same sex depending on what your preference is.
    But to answer you question directly if I couldn't find anything about the person I like then no I wouldn't ask.

• Date no, friends, yes if they have a good personality. Usually it's the physical attraction that attracts you to someone and it's the mental attraction that keeps you attracted to them.

• Well, I would have to be physically attracted to the woman. I don't care what others think, but I have to find her physically attractive.

Now, why do you ask, kaelbear?

• Is she rich and will allow me to stay at home and do nothing all day? If yes, then I'm willing to compromise my standards.

• Not gf but juz a hawt date, than sure. Otherwise i have no reason to reject any cuties cuz is ma purpose here as a man on earth to keep da ladies company but if i had a real gf, than i guess ill have to turn u down =(

• Attraction must be there.

• Yes it doesn't matter about appearance because it's what is on the inside that counts. E.g you can have a thin medium or large girlfriend but size or looks don't matter if they like you and you like them then you can ask anyone out

• You can't make anything work out with someone you're not attracted to.

• Date someone not attractive? No, there's no point in dating someone if seeing them kills thy boner.

• If I'm not attracted to her, I can't exactly force it to work out, so no

• Definitely not.

• Sounds like blind date material.
    Last blind date I had looked like Rondo Hatton in drag.
    http://i62.tinypic.com/2v19tap.jpg

• I would. Beggars can't be choosers.

• I'm assuming you're talking about yourself in the third person, or just thinking hypothetically?

What you are asking I think violates what we know about evolution and attraction.

But who knows, there are theories of science waiting to be bended.

What Girls Said 10

• No, I wouldn't. Even though we'd like to think that it's unimportant, physical attraction actually is pretty important. It doesn't mean that you have to look like a super model, nor that you have to be the most attractive person someone's ever dated. Attraction is subjective - what some might find attractive, others find unattractive and vice versa. It's important to be attracted to each other physically, especially if you want sex to feel good. So, as I said, no I wouldn't date someone I find physically unattractive. As much as I love feeling emotionally connected to someone, physical attraction is also very important. Without it, there's no way I'd ever want to be sexual with said person, no matter how amazing they are.

• Looks are not everything but I couldn't date someone I'm not attracted to. And to be attracted to someone I need to find them attractive physically, intelligently and mentally. They don't need to be the most handsome guy in the world, it's more like the whole package kind of thing. Overall attitude, voice, gestures, they way he walks, smile, confidence... that kind of things.

• No, why would I date someone if there's no physical attraction? If I like his personality so much, I can just be his good friend.

• No, I would not go out with a man if I'm not physically attracted to them. I'd be fooling myself if I did, and in the end I will be hurting him when he could have spent his time.with someone who finds him attractive.

I just cannot be with a guy and move beyond his looks if I don't find him attractive. I know myself better than anyone.

• ,
    :What does size have to do with attractivenes you can be heavy and this be cute.

I would date someone I found unattractive, now for me I have certain triggers that can sway me to date someone a little chubby

• No. In order to know someone's personality, I must feel attracted to them first.

• No. For me there has to be physical attraction AND a good personality. If I am not physically attracted to them then that puts them in the friend zone

• i have to at least feel some kind of physical attraction even if i don't notice it right away.

• I wouldn't date anyone I didn't find very attractive.

• No I need to be attracted to them.