I'm not ready for my bf and parents to hang out?

Both my parents and my bf insist that we get dinner or hang out together. They have met but I'm just not ready for this to be a regular thing. We've only been together a short time and I want to be sure about him before we start being a group. Both are disappointed that I don't want them to hang out.

But is it ok that I'm not ready for this? Are my reasons valid for keeping some space? Or am I being selfish? I just don't want things to be so serious so quickly. I want to figure things out first you know?

What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell it to both parties (boyfriend and parents) straight out that you are still not ready for that. They should understand with the though of you guys being a new couple. :) You have the right to feel this way. This happen to be too. About 4 months ago I started to be more ok with them hanging with each other, before that I wasn't ready. It took me 1 year and 5 months. haha

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with you and your definitely making the right decision so don't allow anyone to change that

What Girls Said 0