I go out on dates pretty often but I never feel anything for the guys... help?

So, like I said, I go out with different guys a lot. Like on Thursday night, I went out with a guy to a restaurant and then to a bar and we had a nice time and then he kissed me goodnight. And Friday night, I went to a restaurant with a different guy and we also kissed goodnight. They both want to see me again and have asked to go out another night. My problem is that I don't feel anything at all for these guys and it always seems to be that way whenever I go out on dates.
There's only one guy who I actually had strong feelings for and we were only dating for like a month-maybe two, and I really did like him. He was perfect and I could not think of anyone better, but then he decided he didn't like me anymore and stopped talking to me. Douche move.
So now I don't know what to do, I feel like I'll never like another guy as much because I keep comparing these new guys to him.
Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you actually giving these guys a chance? Because they're not going to be like this other guy - they can only be themselves.

You wouldn't have gone out with them unless you felt something or saw something in them that you wanted to explore. I also don't think you would've let them kiss you if you didn't want them to.

Don't look for signs of your ex in these new guys. Look for the great parts of these new guys. You're probably missing out on something great because you're not willing to move on.

What Guys Said 6

• This is true most of the time, but most people won't admit it. Good for you.

There's nothing wrong with you..dating is ritually spending time with an incompatible stranger, in most cases.

• "but then he decided he didn't like me anymore and stopped talking to me. Douche move"

Well not really, that's exactly what you're doing with these other guys, only you just go on a date or two before you decide. Keep going on more dates, see more people, try not to compare them to anyone else and see how things go. Someone will come along eventually

Even if someone comes along, there is a good chance he won't be into you anyway. Meeting someone you like and who likes you too is pure luck, you can't really hurry it along too much

• Yeah but I was basically in a relationship with that guy. Like it wasn't just going out to restaurants and stuff.. Like he'd spend the night and hold me all night long and I'd wake up to cute texts from him and stuff and we were supposed to go on vacation together. And then randomly he decided that we didn't want the same things and stopped talking to me.

• hey, guys have feelings too. just because you like someone, doesn't mean we do. that swasnt a douche move, its just something he didn't want anymore. that doesn't make him a douche

as far as your "problem" goes. boo fucking hoo. at least you're getting dates

• well the way that he did it was douchey. One week he's calling me "his girl" and doing everything a boyfriend does, had a vacation planned, wake up to romantic cute texts every morning, and the next week he stops talking to me.

• maybe he got tired, we get tired you know

• Stop comparing other guys to him. That's the first thing. Each guy you date has something special about him. But if there's no chemistry, there's not much you can do. Just keep trying, you'll eventually find a good guy you like and fall head over heels for

• forget the ex and move on

• Well I don't mean to be a jerk but you say that 'perfect guy' stopped talking to you and that it was a douche move... If you turn down these guys it will be no different! I think you are still not over the other guy and are trying to find a way to get over those feelings... Maybe now is not the time to see what you want by playing with other guys and their feelings... It is incredibly selfish. I'm sure you're a great girl that is only looking for the perfect guy but trust me you'll see him from a mile away when he's there! For the mean time get involved in an activity! Boxing, Scuba diving, horse riding, photography, cooking!! Take your mind of trying to get a guy and you will find the one you've been looking for before you know it! :)

What Girls Said 0