What will my ex think when he sees I took down my profile?

My ex and I dated briefly and broke up amicably. We decided to keep in contact, and have texted a few times. I'd like to try to be friends at least, but I ideally I'd like to get back together. Our texts have been kind, funny and mildly flirtatious. He's a good guy.

I dated a few guys after the break up, but didn't click with any of them. Due to my busy schedule in the coming months, as well as online dating burnout, I temporarily deactivated my profile.

It recently struck me that he may have noticed this, and I wonder how he might interpret it. I wonder if it might change the way he sees me and any possibility of getting together again.

I think he could interpret it in one of two ways. Which is more likely:

1. He thinks I am dating someone exclusively, and therefore may not approach me to date again. Yikes.

2. He thinks he dazzled me so much I gave up on dating altogether. Not.

Both are incorrect. Should I bring it up or wait till he notices? I did NOT take my profile down to get a reaction from him, just to do what's best for me now. However, it occurred to me this might impact how he feels about me and possibly dating again.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Who cares - it's social media, not reality.