Was it legal for 8 year olds to go on dates ever?

Riddle me this, if u have read old berenstein bears chapter books, explain to me how those cubs were allowed to date at age 12?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I went to boy-girl dances with a date at age 12. No funny business, just playing at dating.

• What? I haven't gone to any such thing and im age 13! Why is romance so widely accepted in america?

• They weren't sexual dates in any way - just social things. I guess it's just a social ritual.

• I said romance, not sex

What Girls Said 1

• It's not illegal for anyone of any age to date. Have you ever heard of play dates? It's still a date. Girl dates? Still a date. It usually depends on what the parents think is an "immoral" age for dating.

What Guys Said 1

• Bears mature sexually and emotionally at much earlier ages. They are capable if adult relationships at such ages.

• They were anthropomorphic bears!

• They were based on American law at the time too, im sure, the writers were American