Should I take a chance and ask her out?

Ok here's a quick overview of my relationship life.
I had a gf, the first and only one I've ever had, she used me and didn't appretiate me, she also verbally abused me, and i let it happen. it eventually ended. I lost a lot of confidence. but I've recently gained it back and truly realized that i deserve equality in a relationship.
i saw this girl at comic con, she seemed nice and she was really pretty. I invited her and everyone else that cosplayed from the same anime. we're all hangin out tomorrow. if i end up liking her personality as well, should i take a chance and ask her out?
check out my other posted questions to see what im like (except for the doubtful side because that has been vanquished)

• go for it
  • you're too weak right now, dont do it
  • maybe?
Well, I didn't ask her out because she was in front of all of her friends and I didn't want to pressure her. but i did get her Facebook and im gonna ask her tonight

Most Helpful Girl

• Well of course go for it! You have nothing to lose, right? :) If she says no, you can move on to the next girl and not waste time on her. If she says yes, well then it's a good start to something :)

What Girls Said 2

• Go for it! The worst that could happen is she says no and thats not the end of the world.

• What's the worse that can happen

What Guys Said 2

• DO NOT ASK HER OUT THROUGH FACEBOOK, I REPEAT, DO NOT, DO NOT ASK HER OUT THROUGH FACEBOOK. If you can get her NUMBER through facebook, and CALL her and ask her out like that. Asking a girl out through text screams of lack of confidence and directness.

• The answer is always yes.