For those of you who never had a relationship before.?

From my previous question www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1040693-how-long-have-you-been-single, I saw a lot of people who never had a girlfriend/boyfriend.
I don't know if they're joking or for real.
If you're not joking and never had a relationship, why? Is it your choice or some reason?

• I'm under 18 and never had a relationship
  • I'm over 18 and never had a relationship
  • I've had relationships

Most Helpful Girl

• Why? I dunno. Just never really found someone who's interested in me (and I'm interested in as well, of course). I just have really bad luck with guys in general. I'm 19 :p

• Im interested. Are u interested in meh?

• Hahahaha

• Aye playa, wanna join da club?

What Girls Said 21

• I'm 24 and have been single forever :p I can't say it's by choice. I guess I don't appear to be dating material lol. Blah. It kind of sucks and makes me sad sometimes, but I have other things to worry about as well. While it would be nice to be validated by someone that I like, it seems that it was not written in the cards for me.

• It'll happen.
      I was 24 when I had my first date actually...

• methinks after this episode she will realise what she has been missing. And seek out a mate, post-haste :D

• Perhaps this has made me want to tumble down the romantic rabbit-hole. Perhaps :D Though I don't want to lose my head in the process :p

• I am naturally mistrusting of people in general and I also know I am hard to get on with. Guys said they like me in high school but it was all to have a laugh because I am not little miss supermodel. I didn't wear makeup (still rarely do) and my hair is never styled beyond general hair care meaning brushing and washing.
    Partially, it is by choice because I find men to be tiresome or overly immature.
    I don't go with how society says girls must look, so I've never put myself on show for guys, I am not here to be stared at.
    I can admit, I am not that pretty and I never will be. And I'm guessing that keeps them away.
    Other guys just want sex. So no, I have more respect for myself than to go off with a guy. Or I attract guys that aren't confident enough to approach me themselves and have others tell me. That was how tricks were played on me in high school, so I don't appreciate it, even if they mean it.
    So a combination as a result of my own faults and situations.

• Not dating or being in a relationship is my choice. I grew up in and still live in a religious household. Dating wasn't ever a topic that was brought up even with my siblings. It's something Im not interested in at the moment or anytime soon. I have other things that I wanna focus more on. Ohhh and Im 20.

• I'll be 18 in 3 months and I've never had a relationship. I've only had feelings for two guys in my life and one moved away and when we got into contact again I realized what an ass he was but by that time I was already so messed up about this other guy... And he's the only guy I would want to date at this point and that just isn't happening. I've been asked out by other guys but none of them appealed to me as a guy I'd want to be with. I'm still just waiting on the right guy I guess. Realistically though I've got so much personal stuff going on and have been for a couple years that dating would be hard anyway.

• I kinda know where you're coming from, and honestly all I can say more or less is when opportunity knocks at least see who it is :-P sorry for the pun but I'm just saying it may or may not workout but its better than the what ifs

• Well, I do hope it works out for you, it can be complicated when you don't know whether its infatuation or more :-P

• Yep. Thank you :)

• I'm 20 and only had 1 relationship. I know I'm pretty lame.

• No you're not "lame!" You're really pretty omg

• Some people just don't find their relationships till a little later in life. It's not something to stress and fret over.

• Meh, you're fine. You accidentally typed 'lame' there after 'pretty'

• I just finished my second year at a University and people were constantly surprised to hear that I have never had a relationship! I am 23... I don't feel like even having a relationship at this point of my life. If I sit there thinking about a relationship I get all nervous and anxious and have to distract myself from that topic.

• i never had a relashionship yet, & i'm going into the eight grade. i had guys who liked me before, and then when they stopped liking me, then i like them -_- so i never got asked out and all of my friends had a bf/gf before :/ i just haven't found the one yet.

• I'm nearly 16 and never been in a relationship mostly cause i fear when someone asks me out their just fooling around. Also this isn't a race to get someone i'd rather wait and find the right person then to be with a lot of guys and none of them were the one or it got me down. Also no one ever asked me out so i guess no ones interested.

• single by choice

• I am almost 14 and never had a boyfriend. I don't want one , there is no need, it's not like we will have a future

• I am 21 and never been in a relationship. I somehow just can't imagine a guy would love me that much and also i am very insecure and am really scared to show him all my flaws.

• I'm 19, and am In my first proper relationship. :)

• I'm 18 and I've never been in a relationship, partly due to choice, but I think I'm still too shy, also I can't imagine any guy wanting to be with me anyway, lol

• I'm 17 years old and never been in a relationship. No it's not by choice:p guys just don't find me that cool I guess, but I'm not trippin because I've got lots of time:)

• I've never been in a relationship but I don't really know why hihi

• It's a combination of things.

• When i tell people i've never had a boyfriend they think i've grown an extra head or somethin'...

• Wow i'm so surprised to see so many people voted they never had a relationship! Shows what kind of crowd we have here.. haha

• 23, and have never been in a relationship. and this is not by choice...
    i have gone home with enough guys from the bar every now and then but when it comes to getting to know a guy enough or even dating, i honestly have no clue as to what to do!
    i never dated in high school nor had any male friends prior to high school, although i was very shy and introverted (i still have my moments without liquid courage) and i believe that's really effected how i interact with guys today.

• I'm 23 and never had one. Honestly, I'm more interested in my career and preparing for my future. All of my female friends that started dating young have become needy, dependent and desperate. It's pretty sad really, if they're single, they're like empty shells.
    I'm quite happy with my choices, I'm an independent, mentally stable and accomplished young woman. When I'm on my deathbed, I won't be regretting not going after my dreams like most.
    That all being said, I am open to a relationship with the RIGHT guy (not just any). Not many guys have seemed to be very interesting to me.

That's my reason for choosing to remain single.

• Respectable a relationship is a partnership after all not a dependency, neither should hinder the others goals but support them, but one shouldn't surrender their goals in an act of said dependency.

• Exactly, but very few people treat relationships as such. From what I've seen, most relationships are power struggles.

• 19 and never been in a relationship. Not by choice, I've just always been really shy and had low confidence. I'm also not gorgeous or anything so I guess guys were never interested or didn't want to put in the effort to get me out of my shell and get to know me.

• Don't give up on it, I'm semi shy used to be a lot more shy than now but you gotta try to break out little by little, it can be nerve wracking at first but if you meet someone you like talk to them if they're the person they should be you might be pleasently surprised

What Guys Said 13

• I've never had a relationship. The only times I meet girls that I like is online, and they always live far away. They have everything I'm looking for, the physical features, brains, adventurous personality, but I'm never good enough for them it seems. And I'm not interested in anyone around where I live. No one here gets my attention. I don't know what to do, really. I guess just keep on improving until I'm good enough for the ones I want to be with, and just stay single until then.

• Its not improve for the ones you wanna be with, so much as improve for the one you're with, keep looking it'll happen

• Single because no one found me attractive, then I lost weight and put on some muscle, and I saw just how shallow many women really are, and because of the massive social anxiety I have, I've had a few girls I was interested in slip by, and then they ended up dating jerks, and got hurt badly, really didn't know how to sum that up in a few words

• Never had a relationship...and it's not my choice.
    Main reason is my introvert personality. I rarely feel comfortable with people and I can hardly talk to girls.
    And minor reason is old fashioned society. Other parts of my country are going forward with world while people in my area still live in 18th century...people start moaning when they hear about people seeing each other before marriage.

• Oh and I'm 21...

• Eh I'm the same way to an extent, but sometimes you gotta try to break out, or be ready to regret not doing so, that's not to say the first time you do won't bite you in the rear, but its better than the what ifs, as for everyone else if its right its right, unless they're chasing you with torches and pitchforks let them moan.

• I'm 22 and I've never had one. It's not by choice. It just never happened for me. I would like to have one with the right girl but it's hard.

• 21, never had a girlfriend.
    Good to have, also good to not having-social freedom

• Noooo its too personal to share =x

• Errbody has flaws :)

• Hahaha noo, it's just that I don't really believe in the whole "relationship over the internet" thing. I like actually being with a guy face to face, you know.

• Haha no, I don't.

• I didn't answer your other question but I'll answer this one
    I'm 23 and never had a relationship because it takes two to tango and there aren't any girls that find me attractive or are interested in me in that way

• No homo, I think you're good looking. Maybe you're passive? I am really shy too but I have had dated few girls. Just man up!

• Yeah I am sort of passive but its because no one is interested

• Ohh I never had any gf.
    I am saving myself for my soul mate.

• 17, never had a girlfriend

I blame my lack of self confidence

• I've never had a girlfriend because I'm ugly as hell at least I think so.

• No homo you're photogenic bro

• Dude if they don't think so its on them you gotta think positive though it'll happen

• maybe but I've pretty much given up on that. I've elected to have a procedure done to fix my face

• 24 years old, never had gf. Im probably too picky. In my entire life I met like 5 gf materials, and all those *relations* ended up on their own.

• I've rejected girls because I'm focusing on my priorities and one is bodybuilding, and I've heard relationships make you weaker so no time for risk!!!

• not in a relationship because people can't accept me, well that's what it comes off to me like, and every time I ask somebody out its a not a simple no/yes answer, it has to be game playing or something else that annoys me it's like just be straight up