How do I stop loving someone?

Is there a way to stop loving someone?

I can't be with her and it just hurts.

I need to stop feeling for her, how do I do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are going to have to basically erase the person out of your life. Anything that might remind you of the person, trash it. Don't go to the person's myspace/facebook/linkedin profiles.etc. It is really difficult to just stop loving someone, unless the person has done something to damage the love you felt for them by constantly hurting you. If the person has you enough to the point that you can't take it anymore, it's actually not hard to stop loving that person. At this point, the only possible way is to just shut them out altogether. Hope I helped.

• This is basically the correct advice and from the other bullshit advice you received, this is actually how you move on. It works tremendously, but feels so counterintuitive.

• Thank you.. :-)

What Girls Said 8

• I'm kind of in the same position just i'm a girl...i suggest you dont try to stop loving her but u accept it...no matter hw bad someone hurt you if u truly love that person u would not stop...so accept you love her...know to yourself that you did everything to make it work...and move on...bcuz if u try hating her it would just make you be even more unhappy...i accept that i love this guy and would love him forever...would still be there if he needs me but we just aren't meant to be and as each day goes by it gets easier and easier.

• I hope you are right, thank you.

• i am right you just got one step closer to meeting the right person :D look at it that way

• I will try, thank you.

• There is no way. I've been there and trust me, only time will make you better. It's been four years and I still think of him from time to time but I'm fine, it doesn't hurt any more. Also, force yourself to go out and see other people, that will help A LOT!

• Try to write out a list of all the reasons why you shouldn't be with her, and all the reasons that you should. If the list for why you shouldn't be with her is longer, then remind yourself of those reasons whenever you start thinking about her. Good luck buddy, things like this takes time but you'll get over her soon.

• are you that guy asked how to get over depression because your japanese gf left America?

you need someone to talk to regularly about your gf and cry a whole load of tears until there's none left

• Nope, I live in Europe. Sorry, wrong guy. But thanks anyway.

• It is really hard. I have found changing my routine of doing things helps a lot. Take a holiday or something.

• Start screwing others

• Did you ever really love someone?

• Of ciurse i did i just git over my neighbor not too long ago ibluved him soooo much...but i cried nnprayed n would go c him aftercour break up would findvout he was seeingvother people n nithing wrked i was shatterred til i srarted thinking.of ME...he was out screwing i was in my ckoset looking at his pics hisvposts n crying...so i became busy with myself literally threwvmy self in the gym hard cire everyday after work n b4 i began running also...worked it up to 5..miles a day...i startwd goingvoutcwith my friends n dating every time i got home im not gonna lie i cried but i cried.lesss n less...i losr 30 lbs in 5 weeks prrpared fir summer body n i had a trail of..men after me..i looked fabulous size 6 from 16 ...i began to get texts from him n although i luved him i luved him yes that takes a while to go away but i was now stronger than him n that should b ur goal...but first how to become stronger..once u r stronger little by little the luv wears off n the hold that person had on u 2

• It takes time, and it is not easy. After it passes, you will be stronger person. It happens to all of us at one time or another. Time heals all wounds.

• there is no quick fix. I've loved the wrong guy for two years now. everyone tells me to get over him, that he's not worth it (even when we were together) but I can't help it. love is the worst kind of pain. u can't make it go away but u can dull it a bit by just excepting it. hope I helped, even a little bit. x

What Guys Said 2

• You can never truly stop loving someone, however it will get easier after time passes.
    I broke up with my ex 6 months ago and still don't feel my complete self, however with work and friendship...I'm getting passed it. 6 months later and I'm feeling better, I still wake up in confusion because for 3 years I didn't know anything but her.

I also thought the pain would never go away, but stay strong. Time heals.

• you can't , you can just focus on other things and start dating

• I tried doing other things, doesn't work. Maybe dating helps.

• dating helps but make sure you are dating right girls