Can someone tell me the differences in dating a 36 year old versus young guy?

I'm 23. I dated older before but it wasn't going anywhere serious.

I like older guys in general. Always more attractive better to talk to more mature and attentive.

I was told that older guys interested in a relationship will move faster in getting to know you and establishing a relationship. Is this true? What else should I know?

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah I think thats true. if he's interested he's going to know its rare to find a girl he likes. if he's not he will know sooner then a young fella

What Guys Said 3

• I sure as hell date a lot differently than I did when I was twenty.

And yes, part of that is I move faster, make swifter decisions. Part of this is that I'm more self-assured, and the other is that I don't want to waste my time or hers.

• Yes older guys are mature

• Faster is probably true compared to what you're used to. Be open and honest. It'll happen fast.

What Girls Said 1

• Can someone tell me the differences in dating a 36 year old versus young guy?
    In my experiences/observations the older guy is more willing to settle down as guys seemingly highly value and prize youth so you're in the position of power.

I was told that older guys interested in a relationship will move faster in getting to know you and establishing a relationship. Is this true?
    It's been true to me as it seems older guys really want to lock down a young gal while younger guys have their youth and attractiveness of it so they can play around and still get young gals.

What else should I know?
    Possibly suited to be aware that they likely are not really more mature if they are seeking (much) younger gals. They are likely at the same emotionally awareness and value in gals as the young guys as they seemingly highly prize and value youth to be seeking you instead of the many available gals in their age range who they likely eliminated due to age and beauty.