When guys are with their friends, why do guys act like total douches around their girlfriend?

I have been going to the park to hang out with my boyfriend for a while and he acts like a douch around his friends but when we are alone he is really sweet.

0|0
1|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Come on, relax. The smartest man can get very dumbed down when the girlfriend and the friends worlds collide. It's how us boys interact with each other; it doesn't mean he doesn't love you. He just tries to show his sweet side to you not because he is a hypocrite, but because girls are wired differently.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• It's a sign of immaturity.

And unfortunately, the person you see when he's around his friends is the person he really is. The person he is when you're alone together is the person he's pretending to be.

It does not work the other way around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are not man enough to not worry how their friends think about them, especially at a younger age since you are under 18 They want their cake and eat it too.. Their friends to admire them and think they are cool and then have you also respect them. A guy who has to act differently is weak and might just be young and immature.

0|0
    0|0
  • a guy amongst guys will always be different than if you were to see him alone, when he is with his guy friends he probably thinks he has to show off and show how much of a 'lad' he is, yeah i'd just put it down to him showing off

0|0
    0|0
  • Acting like a douche around their male friends is an immature guy thing.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Most guys don't. Only young naive guys do.

0|0
    0|0