Where are all the good men at?

So i keep hearing about these faithfull honest hardworking men. I work n have children so with not much time for hide n seek on my hands these guys are almost non exsistant. Please if u kno tell me where they r hiding ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Enjoy life, love yourself and keep busy with activities and hobbies that interest you. When you are happy and content...the right one will appear. Don't try searching him out because the wrong ones will pick up on that.

What Guys Said 45

• The good men tend to hang around the good women. People of similar education, social status and like-minded ideologies tend to group among themselves.

You are probably not finding these "good men" because you are in the wrong circle.

I would look at yourself in the mirror and ask what circle you belong to.

With only your question to go by, these are the traits that are evident:
    1. Working single mother
    2. Poor English (you type like a teenage texts)

I'm going out on a limb, but I would guess you have not gone to college or university.

While faithful, honest men can be found everywhere, hard working and smart working men will be better educated. Both men and women who have gone to university or college will tend to seek a partner of similar educational background.

There are exceptions to this of course. For example, there is a trend for very successful / rich men to prefer less educated women because they want a woman who can take care of the family. Men like this don't want well-educated career women, because two busy people don't make for a good relationship.

Note of caution though. When you are a single mother, many guys will not look upon you as relationship material. Guys may be willing to sleep with you and play along, but in their mind, they will never stay around because of your kid. While being a single mother is tough, I would suggest you avoid clinging onto a guy too quickly and giving him sex on the first few dates. You may need a better screening process to weed out unfaithful guys. Giving sex too quickly will keep him around in the short term, but not the long term.

• I would just like to say that i am very offended u r the kind of assumtive ass im talking about first of all the only thing u know is i work and have kids I've not had sex in over a year i dont give it out to dumb asses it only takes a few min to tell if a guy wants just sex and in that case i send him on his way. I work annd im with my children so i would only sleep with someone if it was worth my time and as far as my grammer it may not be perfect but when im talking to somone face to face i dont think they can see that and im not writting a fucking formal letter so u can fuck ur good grammer in the ass since im guessing noone else will let u i got a lot of responces with this question and I've come to the conclusion that the good guys who answered where nice but the assholes that im trying to avoid try to pick a woman apart and tear her down because of education so only nice guys have good grammer i wouldn't turn a guy down for not spraking correctly or going to college

• Nowhere in my answer did I say YOU slept around. That is something you assumed upon yourself. I was noting the types of behavior that men often portray towards single women.

This isn't the place to ask questions where everyone is going to sugar-coat your situation and make you feel like a pretty princess. What I said is 100% true. While you might not like it, that's the real world giving you the shaft in the form of shitty, unfaithful men.

If you want to find these good, hard working, faithful men, you better step up to the plate and be someone that such a man would actually desire.

• Y would u just assume that im not i guess thats just life noone wants a hardworking woman with kids none of the women respinded the way all the men did just said im not good enough for a good man guys were offended by my question because you yourselves are not good enough for any woman so u try to bring me down just like a man would instead of being a man u all threw a tantrum because i did not ask a question about sex or what sie ur dick is but i said i was a good woman looking for a good man and non of u fit the description even though i never said anything about looks or money every guy assumed thats wbat i meant well thats not what women are looking for men are suposed to help women n women help men but ur not bringing me down im happy you all let me kno that i really just dont want a man I've got enough children who r the rite age to be children

• I like to think I'm one of the good guys. I'm young but I work hard in school, I've got a job in a research lab, and can be hopelessly romantic. I love kids and want some of my own if I ever meet someone I would like to have them with.

As for where I am, well its in my apartment, in class, or in the lab. I've gotten tired of chasing college girls who don't seem to care about the future. It doesn't take much to find me, if you see me in a grocery store, say hi. I, and I assume most guys, are always open to talking to just about anyone, but I'm tired of starting conversations that are boring. If I've got something to say about something you did, I'll say it. So give me something to talk about. Or just come talk to me :)

• I know 100% how u feel...small talk seems so mundane and boring.

But the problem is if u get probing and intellectually deep right off through bat, you will overwhelm most people.

Transcend your mind into the mind of a woman. Small talk as boring to YOU it may seem, it makes her feel good because women love communicating and talking about themselves, and small talk makes this an easy task for her. :-D

• You misunderstand. I actually love small talk. I am rather good at it. The problem is, I am not always the best at connecting with people. Without a connection, small talk is boring. With a connection, I'll talk with you all day and into the night and still have things to say the next day. When I properly connect with a girl, I literally always have something to say. Doesn't matter how mundane it is, I want to tell her. But so many of the people I meet aren't worth connecting with. I will listen if someone wants to talk to me, regardless of who they are. I might just not want to talk back.

• They're everywhere honestly. But having a kid is gonna cause you complications. At your age it should be judged less harshly. But having one in general you should expect to have to put in extra work to show you're not a reckless single parent. Some stories I've gotten from single mothers are just crazy. I personally don't prefer to date them.

• Y would anyone think someones reckless just because they r a single parent if anything you r the responsible one other wise u wouldn't have your children n y do men think just cuz u have kids and r looking for a man u must want him to take care of your kids and i dont know what kind of mothers u been around im a great mother i take care of my kids and im doung it aline because its less painfull than being cheated on and lied to by a man u have all your children by. Then noone else wants u because u have kids and ur doing way more than someone with out kids and have more responibilities then they could possiby imagine but your still thought of as reckless well i was rite in my oppinion all guys r asses at least they r to hardworking honest faithfull women just because they r not " what they had in mind"

• Most of them are already in relationships with all the good women.

Seriously though, they're all over the place. This question is silly.

• In the friend zone.

Good men generally do not have what it takes to make a girl want to rip their clothes off.

• They are ALL with good women :p

• Umm, I won't say that there are all bad guys out there but sometimes guys change with the choices of their partner or because of their companions or if they experience any sudden change in their lives. Now about your question, actually they are lot of nice guys out there, only problem is that a nice guy won't feel like reaching every single girl out there and take chance instead he would probably link with a girl who has intellectual mind. So, kind of hard to find as they are not the ones on which every girl is hitting on. Good luck though :)

• Hiding behind shy personalities maybe. :P

• They're on the internet. Namely, Gag.

• They're probably hiding from the late 20 year old women with kids when they can try their hand at a slightly younger version without kids.

• Oh wow that kinda hurt but thats what i was affraid of i kinda figured that noone would want me cuz i have kids i guess all people want something out of u can't love u cuz ur a good person so i just give up

• They're around...to be blunt most of them are not overtly physical attractive, thus they get ignored by the majority of females.

• 1|2
  • There are many of those around and single. It's just that they are usually not the type of guys who would make any panties wet.

• I heard they all live in a secret village in the North Pole, where they also live out their wildest homosexual fantasies and go on rampant bar crawls with Santa and his elves. That's just what I heard though.

• Living in the friendzone

• At home worrying where to find a decent woman. Please answer mine: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1048449-if-a-shy-guy-mailed-you-a-card-like-this-how-would-you-react

• I'm handcuffed in the basement right now dammit :(

• I'm here one of the last of a dying breed know as the faithful man. The only problem is, in today society girls aren't interested in nice men but, excuse my words, assholes instead. Also most aren't looking for love but lust girls and boys. I know I might be 18 and people don't think I can even begin to understand adult life and love but its because of the things that happened to me growing up that made me age quicker mentally. I can't tell you where the nice, caring and loving men are because I do not know but if you keep looking hopefully it will come to you. P.S if you have a boy then that is how you can help someone else in the future find a respectful man. My apologies if I have offended anyone please forgive me.

• I'd disagree with you. The "nice men" are ignored by women because they will pull out the red carpet for them and make them feel like a queen. In the process, nice men basically cut their nuts off and hand it to a girl. Women want a man who can provide and protect them. Women do NOT want a man they can step on, which is how nice men act.

The same applies in the opposite manner. I've had a girl fall head over heels for me. She'd shower me with presents, cook me dinner every day, always gave sex. If I even hinted that something was wrong, like I ripped a shirt, she would find a similar one and buy it for me. I barely had to wipe my own ass because she'd be willing to do it.

Sorry, but that's not an appealing relationship to me. I don't want a servant, I want someone who I can look eye-to-eye with and see as an equal to myself of opposite gender.

Nice guys don't realize this, and too often, they are boring as hell. They just lie there and let women walk on them.

• Searching all the good girls haha.
    I think we are walking in circles shall we just stop and wait for you to catch up? :P

• Time for my more serious answer.

Personally i never try to impress a girl as i want her to be impressed with who i am.
      So if you are at a bar many guys who approach you might be the type who generally knows how to approach girls as they do it often. Instead look around for that interesting guy just minding his own business and be the one who initiates it. Just get in an interesting conversation , become friends if you like and then take things a step further.

• Your absolutely right.

• Type, women who are lazy and never approach a guy, are excellent player-bait. :-P

• They must be hiding with all the good women somewhere on some exotic island

• Im right here

• Even good men are searching for good girls..

• in their room watching tv

• Wiping their tears in a basement after being consistently dumped by girls for being "good" guys.

• I am keeping myself occupied and keeping busy. Sorry I'm very independent! :D

• Public libraries

• everywhere, you just have to be patient

• I heard they went extinct

• Maybe in other countries? hehe

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 8

• there are a looooot of guys like that.
    just some girls don't see it
    or
    don't get to

its a thing really, every body has these small signals they throw out
    and they attract different types of men

i was talking to my counselor, some women have traits (notice how i didn't say characteristics, cause most of these are things they are born with or into)
    that attract abusive males

not every girl is capable of matching wave lengths with a good guy (any one get the reference? hmmm?)

• They are here and can you match yourself up to them, emotionally and intellectually?

• They all live somewhere far away in the moon... that or they are gay

• Non existent ha ha sad truth! :( :( :(

• There are plenty, try to look past all the guys with lots of confidence who approach you all the time and you will most likely spot them in a corner somewhere.

• Most of them don't approach enough girls...so I understand how u think that way. :-P

• Don't exist, or they are rare, really.

• not that rare.
      it takes the right girl to bring them out

• I'm so sorry I don't fully buy that. It's not a woman's job to make a good man - men hate it when you try to change them.

• i never said it was. what i mean is, good guys only come out for the right girls.
      the girls don't bring them out, but the guy allows her to see
      i hate that you talk in absolutes

• Not on GAG. I am going to get so much hate mail now lmao!!

• Probably not in bars and clubs.

• Working, spending time with their children, hanging out with friends, bettering themselves, volunteering, helping out at community events, etc.

A man isn't going to fall on your doorstep unless you get really lucky with the FedEx guy.