How did you a your significant other meet?

I feel like we meet our partners in interesting and crazy ways sometimes. How did you meet? Was it a weird situation? Do you believe it's true that most people find their soul mates in college?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh man...crazy story. I'll give you the abridged version. I was a bouncer at this bar, and my gf had just moved to town that day, and came in with a fairly regular customer who was friends with my gf's sister at college. This regular apparently had kind of an obsessive crush on me, based on pretty much nothing. Turns out she had a notebook filled with our names or initials inside hearts, and had journal entries listing idiotic reasons why we're "meant to be together." Reasons including: we both have blond hair; we both own cats; both of our last names start with M; we both *like* SUVs, in that I drive one and she likes them. Pretty crazy. Mind you, this girl was like 5'5 and probably weighing in at a deuce, deuce and a half. So I wasn't into her, but since we both liked quoting movie jokes we were apparently soulmates. Long story short, she comes in with my now gf, I got on my G mack shit, haha, we were liking each other and the other girl I think saw that, but would use that to get me to come hang out. Horrible game plan, haha. Anyway, one night the three of us were drinking at her place, and that was the night me and my gf first hooked up. We went in the kitchen to refill our drinks, and ended up kissing for the first time. I think the other girl sensed the suspicious quietness, and she starts calling me. "Steve..." I'm like "yup, one second..." and get back to it. "Steve!" "Just a minute..." Then "STEEEEEVE!!!", followed by shattering glass. Crazy broad threw a glass of vodka and cranberry juice off the wall. Chick goes on to have a straight meltdown, ending in her taking off her pants, going outside in the middle of February, walking across the street to the police station, smashing a bottle of vodka right off the wall above the door of said police station, coming back inside and hysterically crying and calling a friend over. We left when the friend got there, but I guess she broke every dish in her kitchen that night, and ended up being committed to the...

• ...psych ward for a week. Then she just came out like it was all good, no big deal, haha. She ended up staying friends with my gf for a few years and it all got swept under the rug. Really weird situation, hahaha.

• Steve you didn't file a restraint order against this girl

• Haha, didn't come to that, thankfully. Had the one crazy night and that was it.

What Guys Said 4

• First year uni after college. Exceptionally, I wasn't broke. My ex had dumped me in October and I wanted to get out of it all, take a vacation at Xmas. I proposed the Netherlands to my best female friend but she was in love with some guy thus said no. Then a college acquaintance I had invited once to a show asked me out of the blue to be her companion for a trip to Paris. I know the city very well (some family there) and was happy to oblige. We left as friends (two separate rooms) exchanged our first kiss in the Louvre museum (among the Greek and Roman statues, near a window overlooking the Seine river) On the last day of our visit I offered her a disk of her preferred singer and a book with photographs and poems about Paris.
    The Monday (2 days) after we came back we started dating.

• I've meet people at all kinds of different places over the years , its possible to meet someone anywhere. I think there is lots of dating oppurtunities at college but wouldn't say your going to find a soul mate or serious relationship there , there is people to date for sure

• We didn't, but I'm trying like hell to remain hopeful we will eventually.

• You just have to be patient and when you're not trying so hard to find someone who is worthy of your time, then that's when it'll happen.

• singleeeeeeeeeee

What Girls Said 5

• We were friends in high school (not close) and maintained contact over the years. We both traveled a lot and were rarely in the country at the same time. Finally we were and decided to hang out. It escalated, and 7-8 months later we are dully committed.

• He messaged me on pof.com. We had a date that following Saturday and fell hard and fast for each other, continued to see each other, now we're 7 months strong :)

• Oh its a loooong loong very long story , id loveeee to say it. But too lazy to type :(

• I haven't met him :(

• Me either! I'm excited and scared for when the time comes though..Just be patient :)

• We met at church