Boyfriend being shady and going to NYC with a girl that says she loves him but supposedly are "just friends"?

My boyfriend and I started dating a month ago. He told me from the beginning he is going with his friend to NYC for her book signing I was completely fine with that. After he asked me out the girl told him that she loved him and he had to be with her or they couldn't be friends. He chose to stay with me. Later they started talking things out and became friends again. Now they talk everyday I guess. One time I asked for his phone because I wanted to see something and he kinda snapped. I knew something was up so I told him I wanted to see his phone cuz I felt something was on it he said no. After messing on his phone he deleted the messages from her. I freaked out. He told me he deleted them because she asked if he would still go to NYC with her. He was thinking about it and he knew I would be pissed. After that I told him it was the trip or me well he chose the trip but some how convinced me to stay. Every time I tell him how I don't like them even being friends. Am I out of line or is he cheating or going to cheat? I have been cheated on it sucks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not think you are out of line. I believe there is something going on between them. She has absolutely no respect for your relationship, and he seems a little too eager to go see her! If their friendship was just common and he truly wanted to be with you, this would be an easy conversation and he would be with you no problem. I think he would cheat if given the chance with her. She seems like the type that won't give up until she gets him!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• Whether or not he likes her back in the same way... What he's doing is so far out of bounds that it maya swell be cheating. No man should let another girl (who claims to be his friend) disrespect the girl he's with like that. And he should not still be taking the trip with her, at least not without you.

• its definitely not just friendship..he is trying to hide something from you its obvious...there's something between those two

• I wouldn't trust him, he's hiding something and that's not what relationships are about. I would dump him. He's not worth it and you can do so much better. Break his heart before he breaks yours.