Have girls ever accepted a guy after rejecting him before?

So a guy asks you out and for whatever reason (s) you reject him. Somewhere in the future he asks you out again have you accepted his request the second time around? If so, why? Also why did you reject him the first time around?

Most Helpful Girl

• I rejected a guy because I didn't have feelings when I just met him and after I got to know him I started liking him. So yeah, if you suspect it might pay off, try again.

• What happened with the guy, did he ever reapproach you?

• Good luck.

• Thank you. :)

What Girls Said 10

• Yes. I tend to say no even when I mean yes so if they built up the courage to ask me again (since I'm too shy to do anything about it) that would be perfect. I would say yes for sure. This probably isn't the case for most girls, but you can hope haha :)

• I don't understand why anyone would do that. Why not just say yes the first time? :p

• You're so right, I'll hang in there and see what happens. Thank you, MrsCobb. :)

• no problem anonymous. :)

• I've ever experienced this before. In my case, the guy's so desperate. Really. He likes all girls with long hair, so because I had a long hair before, he confessed to me over and over. I think he doesn't know what does it mean to date someone. So I rejected him twice. We're in the same school, but I was not close to him at all.

The other case is a completely random guy. I just met him once, and has never even messaged him although we have each other's contacts. He's older than me like 4-5 years. And suddenly he confessed to me, and when I rejected him, he was like, "Why? Why? Am I ugly?" Something like that. I rejected him.

So when I don't like someone, I'll reject them softly, and I don't mind to be friends. But I don't like if guys start to force me and trying to look like a poor guy, like the second case.

But in my friend's case, she found it touching when a guy's fighting for her. So after she rejected once, and then she accepted him.

My answer's so long! XD

• I've never done that. Not that I have so much experience with guys lol :/ Yeah, I pretty much am sure of a person and it's hard to convince me to change my mind. And the reason I rejected the guy (only guy rejected in my life)(not that many guys have asked me out lol ) because he was so clingy and smothering and also a bit of a depressive person and right after the date he was upset about a fight with his parents and told me that even though they fight, they are the only reason he's still alive. And I'm sorry, but I am in general a pessimist or a very insecure person and I know how bad it is, which is why I am trying to distance myself from everything that makes me even more negative.I'm trying to change.

• It depends on the way he asked well some guys crack under the pressure but few are (lucky) so to speak and u get my point right but side note : I believe a AWESOME guy ask a girl out some also rejected them but y? Because there not in too them and but at the same time there living in a lie.

• So you've never said yes to a guy after rejecting him?

• Oh I see, so you regretted saying yes, why was that? (if you don't mind me asking?)

• Because their so kind and nice and I feel like shit when I do it.. :-(

• No that's never happened. Like inamorata said the only way that would be likely is if the girl barely knew you when you first asked her out but you've gotten to know her better.
    Other than that you'll probably get another no. I hate being asked out several times by the same guy.

• No, and it kinda sucks because I kinda like this guy who rejected me a year ago but I know I don't stand a chance with him as he simply doesn't see me *that* way.

• Yeah it's not good to be rejected, but i try not to focus on the negatives if you know what I mean?

• yeah a lot of guys are reluctant to ask the second time, I'm much the same.

• Haha dipta, I wish. He never liked me that way. That was what I was trying to state so not much of a chance there, unless he suddenly changed type or something

• yes ! i didn't feel attracted the first time

• Yep. Rejected the guy I've been dating 3 times before agreeing to give him my number.

• Three times? Why did you reject him (if it's not too personal) and what made you say yes on the fourth time of asking?

• First time I was just going through a break up, and knew he thought I was cute and just didn't want anything to do with guys. Second time it was because I still just wasn't interested and my friends were discouraging me, saying I was too good for him and out of his league (I'm a good deal better looking than he is), and third time I just said what the hell and gave him a chance. Three years into the relationship now and I'm very happy I did give him a shot.

People did give me crap for it though, but whatever I got over it.

• Oh and I rejected him twice for the third reason, but within the same couple days.

• Sure. My mother rejected my father quite a few times before marrying him.

• Wow and your father just kept on trying? Kudos to him, I'd have probably given up.

• Nah! It's alright, I'm not somebody who cannot take "no" or "I'm not interested" as a final answer.

• That's a good thing :)

• tbh i have thought about it. if a guy asks me out too much though i am just like "date them for a week so they'll shut up" give this person time and if they like you really they will go out with you. Personally i rejected this guy but now i wish i wouldn't have..

• Why did you reject him the first time around?

• He may have wanted to get to you know better.

• he went the wrong way about it. go the right way about it then it may work in your favor but if you say "hey beautiful" she may think you are tryin to push her. if she thinks you are pushing her she will pull away

What Guys Said 4

• I wonder if some of the women on this particular question have ever bothered to read their own answer and realize just how complicated they sound.

• Too right! I just cannot fathom why a girl would reject someone she's interested in. :s

• Never! unless you instantly become a millionaire then maybe ha jk but seriously, NO, you're like blacklisted in the girl's sub conscious.

• Interesting! Blacklisted seems so permanent.

• if the guys spends the double the money before

• It happens, it's just a long shot. Don't waste your life sitting hoping for long shots.

My uncle proposed three times before my aunt accepted.

You know what? It still shows. He seems happy, but he should have found someone more into him.

• Well I'm not someone who asks more than once, I've accepted the rejection and I'm moving on. I've made my interest known, so I'm not going to sit around hoping she changes her mind. If she is become interested, then she'll have to show me crystal clear signs that she wants something to happen and if I still like her, then who knows I may ask again.

But you're right, I am not someone who has ever asked a girl out more than once, I tend to accept the rejection as being the final answer and that's that.

• You're right to do so.