first date? ever? help!! my date is in a couple of hours!!?

hey so this is going to be my first date ever. we're going to the mall and i just need tips: how to not be nervous, is it ok to have awkward silences, how to fill those up, how to talk on the carride there with my mom driving?

well to all who wanted to know it went well and it was really fun, I don't know if it was a date cause i can never tell but whatever it was, it was fun!

Most Helpful Guy

• first off, don't use all caps when you make a post. I tend to ignore those as I can't stand people who yell and want attension.

just remember to breath, be casual meaning treat them like any other psrson, awkward silences are fine as long as they don't last most of the date. you can fill them with talking about your self or asking him questions like what are some of his hobbies and favroite foods.

• thanks for most helpful opinion. how did your date turn out?

• and I've looked up festivals and free concerts and stuff but there's nothing

• that sucks. it's hard to date with no money. here's a page that has a list of cheep/free places to date in a small town.
      ca.askmen.com/.../53_dating_advice.html

What Guys Said 5

• holy shit this is an early ass date. you guys have a breakfast date instead of dinner date? I ain't judging im just actin surprised yo haha. ok in the car ride with your mom just talk to him casually. your mom won't mind and she most likely won't interfere. just talk about stuff like the latest movies that came out or types of music you both like. just keep it simple until the car ride is over then you can expand your topics to what you really wanna talk about hehe.

• Just act cool and aloof. You can't reveal your inner retard if you don't say that much. Just *pretend* that you have a lot of self-confidence, act high value, don't blab endlessly, and just focus on having a good time doing whatever you are doing -- watching a movie, eating dinner, etc.

Less is more.

• can't help u there, i haven't dated yet, but update your question later, i want to know how it went

• Don't forget your pepper spray and rape whistle.

• Awkward silence is normal when you start dating. You will be worrying that it is your fault, and he will worry that it is his fault. Most of the time your date is spending more time worrying about being judged than they are going to spend judging you. So try to make them feel comfortable, and try to ask them questions so they do more talking. Nothing too personal, but make sure it is something they are interested in. It will help them feel more comfortable.

What Girls Said 1

• First of all, Breath girl !! When ever you feel nervous or worried. Take a deep breath , hold it gor a few seconds then release. Do it a few times it works.

Dont think about iylt much, just deside to have fun and go with the flow.
    And good luck with your date :)