Are some people meant to be single?

Whenever I like a girl or see a girl, I can never picture me being with anyone. Even girls who like me seem out of reach. I'd love to know why I feel this way and does it mean that myself and many other people who feel the same way I do are meant to be single?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think anything is meant to be. Stuff just happens. Do what makes you happy.

What Girls Said 5

• Some people are meant to be single, though it is ingrained in the human psyche to seek companionship. Those people however are few and far inbetween. What you probably are facing right now is the inability to meet a peer on your level or someone that you feel some sort of kindred spirit toward, that could ultimately lead to a more intimate relationship. I would suggest looking for a significant other in places that you don't usually go or are not in your "crowd". Someone outside the general box. Most times when you fish in the same pond you'll get the same kind of fish...you get me?

• Don't worry I sometimes feel like that too, especially if the guy is really sweet and innocent. I somehow feel like I will corrupt his innocence and because he's sooo sweet he deserves someone better. But no, I don't think anyone is meant to be "single." There are plenty of people in this world to pair up with, it's not always necessary to find your "true love" becasue that person might not exist or might not be what you expect, but having a person who shares some of the same interests as you and brings out your positives is what most people look for.

• I don't believe so, if you can't treat a partner right and or too selfish that's just something you need to work on. Everyone has someone out there to date, it depends on how you communicate.

• No I think we can think that or feel that for a period of time but then eventually we realize we don't want to be alone anymore.

• Even though this is such a cliche`, I honestly think that there is someone meant for everyone.

For a long time, I felt like I couldn't truly connect with anyone until I found someone :)

Just wait. The best is yet to come.

What Guys Said 4

• yeah. rapist and pedos and mass sociopath murderers are meant to be single.

• i often feel that there isn't anyone out the for me, i think though that this is just because of my pessimism even though i do believe it when i say it, maybe you are just pessimistic also?

• I am a little bit, but I try to be positive and I feel happy, I would just love to meet a girl that I can open up to, someone I can love and someone I can feel vulnerable with.

• it's tough when you don't believe it can happen so try not to think this way, i totally understand why you want a GF and i hope one day we will both be lucky enough to say we have one

• I feel that way and maybe. There are people who stay single their whole lives.

• Honestly yes, especially men. Men are more solitary than women. Besides, monogamy is a relatively new concept. Historically, only 40% of men have actually reproduced, compared to 80% of women.

With the decline of religion, and with sexual liberation, female economic empowerment, male economic disempowerment, and a growing welfare state, the beta male masses (sorry to put it that way, but I have to be blunt) are finding themselves increasingly unable to get women. Unlike in previous times, though, the betas have to pay for the women they're not even getting, thanks to the welfare state.