My boyfriend's Dad said that I wear too much make up. Why would my boyfriend even tell me this? Now I'm paranoid.?

The Dad didn't tell me directly but told his son that I wear too much make up. Meaning foundation. All I wear is eye liner, mascara and foundation. I have been putting on more foundation lately to cover up any acne.

Now I'm paranoid. Is this really such a big deal? I'm embarassed that his dad even noticed something like this. This was the first time I met his Dad too. Lovely. Help! Is this a big deal? There family is very non girly and I'm the polar opposite if this helps any.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, that is something your bf should have not told you. You have to remember, he probably values what his dad says. What his dad says has some weight to it with your bf. Guys say stupid and ignorant things all the time. We are dumb. I am sure you had a normal amount on, and they just aren't use to seeing a woman like that. I would write with off as just one of those awkward moments. Maybe use less next time. I would try to forget it.

• Well it just sucks because obviously I want his Dad's approval over me but at the same time I like who I am as a person. My own Dad says the same things to me sometimes like you are naturally pretty so why do you wear all of that crap etc. I just don't understand why guys think this. I feel better when i wear foundation.

• I understand. You can't please everyone. I am sure in time, once he gets to know you, everything will be fine. The day will probably come where you can talk to them about covering up acne and that is why you use it.

What Guys Said 4

• Never liked eye liner and mascara, personally.

• I don't really care if girls have make up on, although I prefer them to have their beautiful natural face.because if you're beautiful you don't need make up.

• Ya I don't like foundation on girls. It's gross. Just let the acne show I guess.

• Its not a big deal if anything he was probably talking about how pretty you are and you cover it up with to much make up

What Girls Said 6

• I think they just want you to wear less makeup.
    And I heard that foundation makes your acne get worse.
    Maybe work on getting healthy skin and take the foundation out of your makeup routine if you're willing to change for him and for his family's satisfaction.
    If you don't want to change, then don't change. I really don't think that you wearing foundation, eyeliner and mascara being a big deal. Your boyfriend and his family just want you to change for their satisfaction. If you're uncomfortable with changing, then do not do it.

• I agree. My boyfriend keeps preaching to me that the foundation is making my acne worse therefore there is no need for it. You as a girl can probably understand that you feel naked not wearing foundation after wearing it for many years of your life.

• Yeah if you've been wearing it for many years of your life, i think it would feel equivalent to not wearing a bra in public. If you don't want to change, then please don't. You should talk to him about how you feel concerning you wearing foundation, like how important it is to you.

• Your boyfriend really should've kept that to himself. It was unecessary to tell you.
    My partner told me that his mum said I was ugly once...but, she's one to judge.
    Take no notice. We all have insecurities, including him. You do what makes you feel better!

• If it bothers you this much stop wearing foundation. It's your face, wear what you want.

• foundation makes skin bad. wear tinted moisturizer.

• Always do what makes you happy , if your boyfriend has no issues with it then dont worry. Be yourself always!

• Some foundations can look really fake and obvious. If it bothers you, find a more subtle looking brand.

• He does sound like an ass though and he was out of line to make that comment

• Darn :( no i'm not. I don't think he meant to tell me it just came out when I went to go take my make up off for the night. He's just like ya my Dad said that you wear a lot of make up. I think some of it had to do with the lighting of the place that we were at too. I'm thinking of going to an ulta store to have them put the bare minerals type of make up on me to see how that works on my skin.

• Hmm...okay. Well yeah, Bare Minerals is a good idea. I know some people who swear by it, though I've never tried it myself. Some malls even have Bare Minerals stores where they'll help you find the right type for your skin tone and type.