Do you generally prefer white girls/guys?

Not to suggest any race is more attractive or anything like that, but (from my experience) it seems like girls of various ethnicities usually tend to be more attracted to white guys than others. And most of the guys I've known (again, of several ethnicities) tended to be more attracted to white girls than to others.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not attracted to them because they are white. I like other qualities in a guy. But its true that most of the time its white guys.

• Of course the other qualities are ultimately gonna be more important, but would you say you have maybe a natural instinct to go for them?

• Maybe, idk...
      The majority of the population here is white, there's also not much to chose

What Girls Said 13

• Well, I guess? But that's just because the majority of the population in my country is white, so there's really not THAT much to pick from lmao. I guess it just means I'm more used to being into white guys. But over all race is not an issue to me at all, and I'd definitely be open to dating pretty much any other race, as long as the guy sparks my interest. :)

• It really annoys me when people assume that I'm a racist, but I cannot help what I'm attracted to, and that's blue or green eyes, and straight hair. Black men just don't normally have those features. I also find fake coloring unattractive.

But I NEVER judge, let alone date a man for his looks. I don't care about the package, only the contents.

• Every guy I have been with has been white and this is most likely because I don't live in an area that is very diverse. I do find black men and Latino men attractive though

• No they are just eye candy to me. I can see them but too great of an emotional distance to reach.

• I tend to be attracted to white and black guys equally, all others not quite as much.

• I find attractive people in all ethnicities but my current boyfriend is white.

• So you don't have any racial preference?

• I wouldn't say. I've dated black, white, Indian, Hispanic, and more haha. It's more the person that I'm into rather than their racial background.

• I kind of have a heirachy, like, although I like all races- there are some I prefer more than others so like
    first: Black. yaaaas.
    second: hispanic/indian
    third: Asian
    fourth: white

• Ooh, some jungle fever right there, interesting.

• No, I'm simply attracted to any guy of any race that happens to turn me on.

• I'm white and prefer white guys, yes :)

• No, I generally prefers own race

• Nope lol. I like foreign guys. Not white.

• Yes, although I'm not white. I'm very attracted to white guys. I would love to know why...

• I don't know. Maybe you've just been exposed to a lot of hot ones and it just kinda grew on you after a while.

• This is part of my diabolical plan muhaha! (kidding)

I was thinking about this earlier but it was about how I'm so attracted to certain body types. I hate excluding girls just for that :\ What can I do though?

• @Asker I'm happy for knowing that you understand me :) I hate the fact that I can't change it. But, there's nothing we can do...

• I like mixed, Asian, or really tanned. mostly depends on personality, intellect, humor, are they as tough as me, are they players, and the face. oh, and uniqueness and interests. but I'll still go for a pale guy too.

What Guys Said 14

• Not personally, but by and large I think you're right. I think it goes to the subtle prejudices we hold as a society. There was a study that showed users one of two ads on various websites for iPods. The ad was a hand holding an iPod. One white and one black. The ad with the white hand holding it got a LOT more hits than the one with the black hand. Even black people favored the white hand. It's not that surprising. We're all watching the same TV and consuming the same media. This stuff is ingrained in society, make no mistake. Racism is alive and well in America. So I think this is the same thing as the iPod ads. People have biases that are learned at very early ages. It's fascinating when you take a look at it.

• Yeah I think that's sorta what I was getting at. Not that people are necessarily racist, but that we often have a bias for these things that is learned early on.

• Yeah. Exactly. It can work in reverse too. I'm sure you've noticed that white girls with racist parents tend to be interested in black and brown people when they're younger. But I think a lot of them eventually do settle down with white guys. It definitely has a big impact. I'm hesitant to say that doesn't necessarily mean people racist though. I think racism is a systemic thing and the biases it creates are part of the whole problem so I think you could make the argument that it's a degree of personal racism at play. Sort of like a tiny piece of racism, you know what I mean? I don't think there's a universal definition of the word that everyone accepts though, so you could argue it either way. It's almost just a semantic argument sometimes. I think people don't understand a lot of things so there are all kinds of crazy definitions out there.

• I've always liked white girls a lot and I think they have been my preference although I do like all races. I'm starting to notice on average there is another race I my tend to be more attracted to. With that said I so don't care about a race. I don't really know though. I'm still trying to figure it out.

• White girls are far more attractive than any other group to me, in fact i don't think i;ve ever even fantasised about a girl of another ethnicity

• i like women of all races, however it seems that only white girls like me back. not sure why that is.

• I think population of different races have something to do with it. Along with society's influence.

To answer your question though aside from my natural redhead preference I'm not more attracted to white girls no.

• We don't have any black or latina here for the the most part. Asian, no lmao. I don't like my own race.

• I know. I'm a chicken who crew up with geese. I think I'm a goose :)

• Generally am I more attracted to white girls? No I am not.

• Why? :o I didn't even know you had an icy heart...

• I like white girls (even better, pale with dark hair)

• Yup. White chicks are hottest.

• Yes I'm white and I like white girls the best and we get along the best because there are no cultural barriers. I like other races too though.

• Fair enough, that makes sense.

• White girls ONLY. Preferably with nordic features.

• I'm a white guy who is attracted to non-white women more so than white women.

• I am not white, but I care more about big boobs and pretty faces than a girl being white.

• Hey girls and guys! Yet another race question! I prefer human what about you?

• I am black and I am mainly attracted to white women.