Girls, my crush has the biggest crush on someone else, what should I do?

I've been spending a lot of time with this girl lately, and I have recently considered asking her out. The issue is that she has a massive crush on one of my friends. She has decided personally that she will marry him, and I fear that she'll say no if I ask her out. Even if she says yes, I'm afraid that, assuming she doesn't dump me as soon as he's available, I'll be stuck with the feeling that she settled for "second best" for as long as I'm dating her. Any opinions? What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally agree with heyooo. She will see how brave you were. She might still like you, even just a bit, but who knows? It might be enough. And make sure she knows you still want to be friends even if she says no ( only if you feel that way though). If you want, u can stay fridns with her and move on and date someone else. If she was truly meant for you, she'll like you back
    Wish u luck! :)

What Girls Said 3

• To be honest, you should tell her before its too late. You never know what the outcome may be... Even if she likes the other guy she may still have feelings for you. Take the chance and tell her, if it doesn't work out then it wasn't meant to be and you will find someone much better. Good luck :)

• Well first off just keep staying by her side. Be yourself. Wait a few weeks and see what happens.

• You should move on

What Guys Said 3

• Just get past it. You don't have a chance. Sorry, but from endless personal experience once girls get a delusion at such a young age of getting married to a guy it's like impossible to shake it from them. He'd have to majorly fuck up, I mean you could literally do anything and get nothing out if it, outside of managing to think of a way to rewire her brain.

• when that happens you can do 2 things, these are only my recommendations:
    -tell her how much you like her, in person preferably, believe it or not that can generate spontaneous feelings towards you, many girls get complimented and hit on, but they never get to hear something like that.
    - back off, and forget about her and wonder for the rest of your life what would have happened.

after all if you do any of the above you're already in the rejected position so you got nothing to lose.

• Forget about her because you should be with someone who feels the same way you do as does she

• That's just it, I feel that she does like me, but I'm too afraid to ask her to give up on this dream she's had for several years...