Pisses me off that boyfriend thinks women are the weaker sex?

I know women are typically physically weaker, but he think that a woman couldnt even hurt a guy if she tried because guys are that much stronger and tougher

Most Helpful Guy

• Strength is a matter of perspective. Yes natrually men have an advantage over women in raw strength since the average male has more muscle mass than a woman BUT women are more flexible than the average man.

Especially from my years of martial arts, Strength doesn't always decide who wins a fight, I've seen women knock men out twice their size, Its a matter of the right punch to the right spot.

On a side note, Yes a woman can hurt a man, A kick to the nuts will make any man drop to his knees and pray to you for forgiveness.

What Guys Said 20

• I wouldn't want to be with a women that was not physically weaker then me. that is what is attractive about women. they are smaller and very soft and incredible.
    but just because your physically weaker doesn't mean you can't pull a trigger...or use a knife...or poison..or mentally as tough..

• I agree with godfatherfan, but my girlfriend is very string even though she isn't typically fit. It doesn't take a genius to throw a hurtful punch.

• especially to the balls. women don't know how fragile they are..

• 1. Women are the weaker sex. The average woman has about 60% the upper body strength the average man.

2. Given that all it takes to seriously fuck someone up is grabbing a beer bottle or a brick and a split second head start, no. A woman could seriously fuck a guy up in many situations. Though in a bare fist fight, advantage will pretty much always go to the man.

• because people just can't realize the fact that we are all the same, there always has to be someone better then everyone else.for me, i know im the lowest factor of human, not that im a bad person or anything, i just think poorly of myself so everyone else is better then me. which i think women and men are equal in every way...except when it comes to divorce, the property and items dividing should be equal on both sides, not one person getting more then the other and lets say that before you married you had a million dollars, the other person gets none of that, you only divide what you got while you were married. as for children, its whoever can provide better.

• To deny the biological differences between male and female is plain ignorant.

• It is when the whole point is comparing physical strength between the sexes...
      I'm not being sexist here, but facts are facts.

• well, im comparing personalities and just the person in general, which there are girls that are probably a lot stronger then most guys. but i do see where your coming from

• Though men may be physically stronger than most women, the fact of the matter is, that strength is useless. VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) has seen to it, that no matter how bad a girl beats a guy, he better not consider retaliating, or defending himself. So if he wants to use some strength, he better get a physically demanding job, and work hard to support his wife, who society holds him responsible for. Emotionally, WE'RE weaker. Women are subtle, sly creatures that are mistresses of manipulation. Once a man finds himself in the domain of LOVE, he's in the domain of women. Love is an emotion. He's a puppet on strings. His physical strength is now a tool at her disposal. He's a slave under her power.

• Make him say "typically physically weaker" and he'll have a point in a statistical standpoint. Otherwise, that's a silly sexist generalization.

• Fact of the matter is that his statement holds true for most women.

• Men in most cases are stronger than women, it's genetic. We create more testosterone which in turn creates more muscle. You can get strong if you work out ALOT, but a guy will always be able to gain muscle faster

Also, you can hurt him, kick him in the balls. But if you play by those rules you are on even ground, so you can't really moan if he hurts you back equally

• Woman all of a sudden become the weaker race when it benefits them

• tell him to fight a pit bull, after all a pit bull is smaller than him, that will make him think.

• eh it depends if a guy lifts and works out there is like one in a million women that cud do anything to him becuase thats genetics. but i mean physical ability dosnt mean anything anymore

• They are physically weaker, but it depends on your definition of weakness as well. Women have their strengths as well.

• He may be right for many, but tell that to one of my best friends in high school. I can usually take a hit in stride, but boy could she land a punch!

• If the average guy was trying to resist the average woman, without any form of weapon? Yeah the woman wouldn't stand much if any chance

• well kick him in the balls and watch him cry :D even a kid could do that.

• I keep reading, "kick him in the balls! Kick him in the balls!" Tell me; is that the only thing a girl thinks about doing to a man? Tell me that as we're fantasizing about kissing, feeling, and touching boobs, they're having fantasies about kicking balls.

• i don´t get your point. her question was implieing a guy thinks he is so much stronger on a physical level that a girl can´t hurt him. of course i could´ve come up with snaping his pinky or poking his eyes but hurting the balls is quite usually the first thing, that comes to mind when thinking about male pain caused by little force.

• It depends on what guy and what girl

• there are women out there, who prove him right

• maybe you need to beat some sense into him.

• Don't make him mad or he will make you cry

• Your boyfriend is avoiding reality.

• Guys ARE that much stronger and tougher. There are exceptions, but 98% of women could not hurt 98% of men unless they were caught by surprise or were going easy on her. The only thing women have going for them in a physical altercation with a man is the fact that most men just do not have it in their composition to intentionally hurt a woman and thus they are almost always trying to use as little force as possible to defend against a woman, which makes them vulnerable. Seriously, I've been in my share of fights and a women in any one of those would have been reduced to a bloody heap on the floor in 5 seconds.

Women certainly have an advantage over men in many areas, but strength is not one of them. You need to choose your battles cause this is one you don't have a prayer of winning.

• Also, it's not just physical strength that makes it virtually impossible for a woman to hurt a man. It's the tendency toward violence that exists at some level in virtually every man. All he has to do is tap into it and she's fucked.

• That is also true, I recently learned that men can tap into their adrenaline whenever they need it, which gives you twice as much power, stamina, strength, and speed.

• After reading that question where the girl was kidnapped and kept in a cabin for 4 days and when she had the chance shot one of the guys and mauled the other guy until he stopped moving, there's a chance that adrenaline isn't locked only to one biological sex.

What Girls Said 11

• Coming from a girl who grew up with two brothers, ten male cousins, and 9 male friends... yes, guys are stronger than girls.

But also coming from a girl who grew up with all those guys, girls move faster, and can hold their own just fine in a physical altercation. I handed quite a few of those guys their asses in our fights. Because I was raised with so many male family members and a very tomboyish mother there were no allowances made because I was a girl. I was expected to lift just as much and work just as hard as the guys so when we would wrestle, no allowance was made because I was a girl either.

Trust me, girls CAN physically hurt a guy. Just tell your boyfriend you don't want him ever to find out just how badly you can hurt him lol

I've accidentally injured my boyfriend during our play fights so it IS possible, albeit not desirable. You just have to attack correctly :p

If his attitude upsets you this much, and right it should, it's kind of a narrow minded view of the world, you should leave him.

I'd like to see him go up against my friend Audra. She's a body builder and a farm girl. She flexes and her neck disappears. Her arms are literally 3x the size of mine and she's just altogether the most fit person I've seen. She squats 350 and benches 230. Yup. I'd like to see this happen. She's the strongest person I know. WAY stronger than my boyfriend lol.

• but I've actualy tried to hurt him, he will let me punch him as hard as I can in the abs and it doesn't even phase him

• the only way i have a chance is hitting in in the balls, but even then, i dont think i could

• If you feel the need to physically attack him, maybe that's a clue that you should break up.

• Start making him do everything even remotely physical and claim you can't do it yourself because you're just a delicate flower of a feeble woman who could in no way compare to his brute strength (as sarcastically as possible)

• Now that's a good idea.

• For the record, I don't deny that men are stronger than women... but for him to act like all women are just total weaklings... she needs to milk it until he realizes how ludicrous that is.

• Must not piss you off that much since you're still dating.

• I really like him, I just wish he would give us some credit for being strong

• I thought he said 98%? Now he said 99% funny how stats change so quickly...

• @ panzer, lmao exactly, you have to love these "Facts" Notice how quickly he shut up after bringing up the biomechanics of our skeletal muscles. He wants to talk about facts/science but doesn't have a clue on what the human body is and/or how it functions. Many people like to ignore the biases in early scientific research regarding gender/strength one of the earliest studies compared the strength of young male factory workers and aged housewives. Also first world women have underdeveloped upper body muscles from lack of use during early development of childhood, which causes easy muscle damage/fatigue as an adult. IF the scientific process is going to be used to conclude an accurate output then the method has to be structurally secure. Which it often isn't when extreme bias is imposed.

• He's being a dick. Girls are very strong. Physically and mentally

• Kick him in the balls and ask him if he still feels stronger.

Just kidding.

I think CommieDearest's sarcasm-suggestion is a very effective and funny idea on how to make your point.

• Your bf is astouundlingly wong

• Explain to him that women do not have testicles. The hard way.

• huh? pretty sure he knows that

• I'm considered quite strong despite that I'm a woman.

• my boyfriend thought the same thing. he thought women belonged in the kitchen and nowhere else. not allowed to go out to bars with girlfriends, go on vacations, basically be a little slave to their men. then he ended up hitting me and choking me so I left him.

• There are worse things he could say about women. The first part of that is true... Though in a fight, nearly anyone can hurt anyone with the right tools...