Men who say they’re not looking for a relationship...?

A guy I am into told me he's not looking for a relationship and know that he right now he couldn't give me all his free time, but when/if that time comes, he will see me, but for right now he wants to keep intouch and hang out and go out. (he's 31, I'm 23)

Do guys just say this when they’re not into a woman, and don’t want to hurt her feelings? Or do guys actually pass up women they’re attracted to because they’re not looking and/or not ready?

To me, if you meet someone you’re attracted to, and you are available, you will pursue a relationship. Right or wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• "To me, if you meet someone you’re attracted to, and you are available, you will pursue a relationship." - Partially wrong.

For example, I don't want a relationship right now. I've had a few girls show interest in me and they're great and attractive except I don't want a relationship with them because I plan to leave the country when I finish my degree.

You're right that some guys may use it as an excuse though. Just don't go having sex with him or expecting a relationship unless you can accept the fact that he may be lying to get into your pants with no attachments.

What Guys Said 4

• It could be either. No way to really know.

If you've been hurt in the past, then you don't want to get hurt again.

In addition, some people just like being alone. For a guy, especially, that means more money for them, more time to do what they want, they don't have to be nagged or do what the girl wants to do instead of what they want to do. When a guy enters a relationship, that usually means that they're selling their soul to the girl, a lot of the time. Maybe he doesn't like you enough to sacrifice that, but he might still like you. Or, as mentioned, he could just be wary of entering a new relationship since he doesn't know how it will work out.

Honestly, it's a pain. It's usually worth it for the closeness and the giggities and companionship, but sometimes it's not.

• I think that when people say they're not looking for a relationship, they mean they're not looking for a relationship with you.

I know it sucks but I've heard it too.

• i can say im definitley not looking for a relationship and if i did like a girl i would just throw away any feelings that go above friend status because some guys just dont want a relationship but will still be friends

• wrong. he may be attracted to you yet isn't ready to b in a relationship. sometimes people need a break and aren't looking for such a commitment. being in a relationship shudnt b taken casually and if someone isn't truly commited, it won't workout. he's a good guy being honest. it is possible he is not into you and is just being nice but unlikely

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he just want to hang out with you and have sex without any type of commitments.

• it really depends on the guy. he really might just not have the time to give you. do you want to be waiting around though? i would just move on abut keep in touch just dont turn anyone down and wait for him.