Help! Sticky situation! Much confusingness! Help!?

So, I told a girl I like her, she is 13. From what I heard, I'm interpreting she likes me too (but that is from a guys prospective). But she said "I don't think I'm ready to get involved with boys at this point in my life." And from what I have read, that means they don't like you. But, I am the first guy to ask her out, she still talks to me like she did before I confessed, and...everything is...well...normal. but I think what SHE said under HER circumstances, is actually more of a "temporary fill-in-the-blank until I have an answer thing." So,... What do I do? Stay a good friend until SHE says something? Ask for an answer? None of the above? All of them? I'm new to the lover's game.

Most Helpful Girl

• just stay friends, some people don't want to get into relationships until they are older - I genuinely wasn't interested in boys until I turned 15/16, before that I had boy friends who were close, but just mates. My school friends were crazy about them though, I kinda found it really immature and pathetic the way they would fall in love, then be heartbroken then go out with the lads best mate!

• That is what I was thinking. Thanks!

What Girls Said 2

• She doesn't want you.

Also...she's a child. You could be on a list, if you pursue that.
    What's the appeal in a child, anyway?

• She is 13 years old, and you are how old? Because it says you range from 18 to 24.

• Well, this is my bro's email. I'm 14. Problem?

• the problem is you look like an 18 - 24 year old hitting on a 13 year old...

What Guys Said 2

• I think she meant what's she said or she's not interested in you as a boyfriend. Maybe because of your age? I mean I know girls like older guys but not that much older...
    If anything, keep talking to her and see where it goes.

• I think you need to wait 5 more years if you wanna pursue this girl.