Why am I so freaked out for my date?

We have a date tonight just met online a few days ago. He's been texting me and we spoke on the phone. I have trust issues in general and I am freaking out because he's a little older wants a relationship and I feel like he thinks we are closer than we are.

I know it's common for people to talk too much before they meet and then it feels too rushed or like something is off.

I'm scared out of my mind that he thinks we are headed for something while in my mind I am just getting to know him. My heart is racing.

What do I do? Is this normal?

I've been on blind or online dates before and I'm not always this nervous because he's been talking to me a lot so I'm scared he's gonna move too fast. Would a guy mid 30s even take me seriously? I'm 23, I'm a grad student and i work.

Most Helpful Guy

• does this mean you got feelings for him``==?

• No. I don't because I don't know him so I'm scared he feels too close to me considering we haven't met yet. That's why I'm freaked out. I'm scared I'm just getting to know him as a guy while he's thinking we will get involved with each other.

• just say we got a bad start can we take it from the beginning?

What Guys Said 3

• It's normal
    At the beginning of the date you might still feel nervous but you'll be fine after a while
    Have fun:)

• You don't want the relationship you currently have with him to get messed up, and you won't if you just be yourself. When you guys meet, just take it slow. If he pushes things along, tell him how you feel. If he doesn't get it, then forget him.

• Just relax and try to enjoy yourself.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sure he's as nervous as you are so its absolutely normal if your freaking out a little, i went on a date two weeks ago and i was just like you! I was really nervous and i thought i was going crazy but in the end i realised that it wasn't that all bad and i just was overthinking. Clearly, your worried about rushing into things with him reallt quickly so you just need to make it clear to him that your only getting to know him first and that you guys should go on a couple more dates and stuff to figure out if you really like him or not. You'll be fine i promise. Goodluck!

• Lol it's online dating. Only a crazy person would think the first meeting, by the way it's not a date, it's a meetup, is heading for something. Everyone knows it's just an intro