How many times would you ask a person out, before walking on?

they dont say no. but they dont say yes.

you dont think they are playing games, they just seem stressed.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm facing a similar situation.

I like a girl and all the signs were there that she liked me, she was shy around me, uncomfortable which isn't the case with other people, she would always smile at me, she would blush at me and once was giggling uncontrollably when we made small talk, I paid her a compliment and she seemed to light up like a Christmas tree, so a week later I asked her out and she said "I'm so sorry, I can't, I'm really busy", she asked me how I was immediately afterwards and then proceeded to ignore me for the rest of the day. I saw her a week later and things are back to normal (well better than the previous week).

So she didn't say no and she didn't say yes, but it felt like a no and to be blunt, if she was interested surely she would have made a counter-offer. So do I think she's playing games? No! Will I ask again? I'm not sure, I don't want a second rejection and I sure as hell don't want to look desperate or someone who just cannot take the hint.

What Guys Said 8

• I already learned my lesson long ago about asking a person out multiple times when being given an "I don't know answer." Anything other than a "yes" to me, regardless of tone in their voice, is "no."

My answer is once only. Also, if don't get a counter-offer or alternative ideas presented, I leave that person alone and start treating them like I would any other friend I have.

• in that case, until I get a yes. I won't be annoying about it though.

• Once , if I put myself out which is very rare and I don't get the repose i want I would just assume they aren't interested.

• Twice, and if I felt like she was shy as hell and she'd made that much of an impression on me that I wished to loose respect and look desperate I'd ask her out a third time. After that books are closed

• I would ask once.

• I understand that women can feel too easy if acepting at first, but I would do it once, max twice.

• One and done

• ONce, maybe twice. The "maybe twice" part is stretching it a bit because it would make me feel like some little puppy dog chasing her around. If I thought asking again might do some good, then I just might do that. But otherwise, asking once at the right time is enough. If she doesn't seem interested, I wouldn't spend much more time worrying about it.

What Girls Said 2

• Just once. They know that I'm interested, the rest is up to them. I don't believe in chasing people

• I've asked up to 3 times for a guy.