How would a guy interpret/ react to a girl going on birth control?

I've been hooking up with this guy for about 2 months, how do you think he would interpret/ react to me going on birth control? Do you think he would think i'm taking the relationship further? Or that i'm being safe?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would applaud her efforts at not wanting to be a mommy right now. I am assuming you are using condoms now. I respect your choice to add another level of security. Do you want to get tested with him for stds so you can have sex with no condoms?

Either way good for you for taking care of your own sexual health and body.

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't care if she was a friend, acquaintence or someone I didn't know but if I'm dating her it'd be a pro in my book especially if we're having sex. I'd use a condom before and after she went on birth control. If we haven't had sex and she went on birth control, I'd think that she's being safe just in case something happens and knowing this I'd assume that she likes me and respond positively anyways. Though I would talk to her about it to know what she might be thinking.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think he'll care so long as you don't get pregnant. I'd still use a second form of birth control everyone still gets pregnant on the pill.