What do I do if I like this guy but I don't want to kiss him?

I just figured out that my best friend and crush likes me and we started dating but i don't know if i could kiss him. It just seems foreign and unnatural and i don't know if i could do it. I still want to date him but i don't know how to transition from the friend state of mind. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe your better off just being friends. What did u think would happen if u two started dating? Or did u just not think that would happen at all? How long have u been friends and looked at him as just a friend because that could impact your thinking.

• Well i have been friends with him for 2 years and i started liking him this school year. I had never thought that he would like me back so I never thought of doing couplish things.

• makes sense. I think it will come over time, if not... u might have an issue

• yeah i really hope i will change my mind

What Guys Said 1

• At the end of your date, make sure he walks you to your door. Give him a close full body hug, then look at him in the eyes (while still holding him). At this point you should be like magnets and go with the flow.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think dating doesn't mean you must kiss. Kissing people is not the only way to show your affection. There are a lot of other things that you can do to show that you love him. Hugging, maybe?

• thats true. we have hugged before and i am comfortable with that

• If you're that nervous try kissing him on the cheek first and get used to that.