Can't stand my girlfriend smoking and she seems uncompromising as well?

I never dated a smoker, but gave a whirl after meeting my current GF. I thought she was only a social/night club smoker, but she smokes all the time whenever there is a lull in the action. I can't STAND the smell! One time I couldn't even breath in my car after she got in because its in her clothes/hair. She won't smoke in my car as we agreed , but she smokes constantly just before she gets in and it follows her. Then one time I spontaneously kissed her and was so grossed out as it tasted nasty. I finally had to have a sit down talk with her after she smoked in my face to say please just don't do it in front of me as I can't breath it. Not 3 minutes later , we go to another place to sit down and she smokes in my FACE again! I flip out and feel this is so disrespectful. Also Im a health conscious guy who works out, doesn't drink, and watches what I eat., so philisophicially I feel so different from her and can't understand why she does it. Any advise?

Most Helpful Girl

• Coming from a girl who smokes pretty regularly I can understand the frustration, I try not to smoke around people who don't smoke or don't like it, it's just respect. honestly you can't make her stop. That decision has to come from her. If you feel like you're philosophically so different from her why don't you leave? My advice is next time she lights one up just walk away from her, actually do this every time you can and she'll get the message.

What Girls Said 5

• Tell her to switch to e cigs then

• My husband is exactly like you and i used to smoke when i first met him. He cant stand the smell and wouldnt kiss me after i smoked. I havnt smoked for ages. I have it up cos he told me i had too. He hated it plus it was bad for me . I guess you have to tell her that you find it disgusting and its you or the smokes. But help her and buy the gum and patch when she says shes ready to commit and give up

• I feel like this is just going to end up with the relationship ending, since you cannot control whether she smokes or not

• Why the fuck are u datin her when she cant even accomedate for ur lungs?

• If this isn't something you can accept then vreak up. She's not going to change

What Guys Said 3

• My advice is that you're probably gonna need to break up with her. You guys just seem way too incompatible.

• Next time just be so bold as to put out the cigarette as soon as she lights it and put it out every time.

In the end, I'm sure it will be, " hey... girl friend..., it's either me or your cigarettes, you can't have us both!"

• Break up if she's unwilling to comply.

• I mean really, if she is so inclined on not caring about neither her own health nor yours, then off she goes.