Been on one date and she's called herself my girlfriend?

Well as the question states, been on one date and she's called herself my girlfriend, is that a little bit odd?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's creepy

What Girls Said 8

• Yes that is a little odd. She seems to be getting ahead of herself here. I would definitely talk to her about this. One date is a little early to be calling herself your gf.

• Run @@ That's really... weird, if not creepy. Sorry but I question her judgmental skills XD

So yes, i do think it's odd.

• Depends...
    I haven't been on that date so I can't say what impression she got from you.
    There are girls like that. Some are like that because they're pushy and some are like that because they're clingy.

• As far as I could tell she was very impressed, do girls just say things to please us guys?

• I don't know all the girls in the world, but some do say things to please others (just like guys do), but I think she just considers you two know each other well and believes you're mature enough to consider yourself her boyfriend and not go around looking for another girl to date...

• Maybe she wanted to be your girlfriend... and has you didn't ask her, she decided to make the first move to see if you understand it, or to test your reaction.

• Do you think? Surely its a bit early for that?

• Just once, but we met online, and was texting for around two weeks before we met, she did say "on paper you're too good to be true" and "I need to meet you to know if I fancy you"

• Then you're right, that's a bit early. If she never calls herself your girlfriend again, then leave it behind, maybe it was nothing. :)
      But if she mentions it again, you should talk to her about it.

• ya it's a bit early, but maybe she used it for a lack of a better term. When you've only been on a date or two your relationship status is weird. What would you say "a guy I've been out with?" "a friend"?

• It is weird and thinking about it, she was going to tell me what our status was, that was something she said. Surely instead of saying "and I know being with your girlfriend is important to you" she could have said "and I know being with me is important to you" or maybe she was trying to be funny?

• Maybe all her other relationships have moved that quickly. Just talk to her if it makes you uncomfortable.

• It is odd. Maybe she is testing you? How will you react etc

• To be fair, it was by text and the comment was "and I know being with your girlfriend is important to you" I ignored it and changed the subject

• I don't know the whole story it seems she didn't directly said 'girlfriend thing' so it is still in safe place to me. Well you did the right thing, it is early to talk about those stuff for your case.

• Run. Run as fast as you can and don't look back! Haha

What Guys Said 3

• 1|2
    • Nuts then?

• Thanks again. Yes it was on a dating website like match, and if you read through some of then other stuff you'll have a good idea how she feels, or certainly tells me she feels. I guess its just a matter of taking it date by date and seeing where it goes, despite her being on the website a fair bit. To be fair she doesn't know my intentions, or me know hers, so I guess there's no harm in it?

• Yeah, man, that seems like the best play in this situation. Just see where it takes you. If you like her, maybe I wouldn't have the status talk yet unless she introduces it. You don't want to screw up a potentially good thing by making her think you aren't into her as much as she's into you. At the same time, be careful with her feelings and don't lead her on any further than you're comfortable with. If it comes up again, just make it clear that you like her, enjoy her company, and are interested in continuing to see her, but maybe you should hold off on labels until you're both willing to leave the dating site. She probably still goes on to keep her options open, especially in the case that things don't work out between you two, and that's fine. But you'd definitely be within your rights to say that as long as you two are using this site, you can't be an exclusive couple.

• it may be normal if the girl is inexperienced, but to the rest of us it will be a little odd.

• I did think she was perhaps looking for a reaction from me, as she isn't inexperienced as far as I know

• It was a text message and in the message was "and I know being with your girlfriend is important to you" I just said "being with you is important, but I don't own you" it was in relation to her coming out tonight

• Oh I see.
      That response is pretty good... that is until some how she ends up really being your girl friend. Then she'll be like.. "so i'm an object you can own now is that it?" lol.. I'm just messing with you. good reply.

• She's a clinger and probably inexperienced.

Trouble ahead, senor.