Do you think male or female should bring up the 'what are we' talk?

Hi everyone,
when dating, who do you think should bring up the relationship talk?
Also, how far into dating do you think it should be discussed?

• The girl should bring it up
  • The male should bring it up
  • It should happen naturally with no discussion

Most Helpful Guy

• The ideal version is C) therefore I voted for that.

• can i ask why you think its ideal? is it just cause its an awkward conversation lol

• I don't think that will well-defined limits of each phase of the relationship, such a conversation should even come up. I mean, in my case, we were getting closer and closer, and then I made a move, but it wasn't "so are we girlfriend and boyfriend yet" but something along "I would like you to be my girlfriend". So the phase change was well-defined, and no such question has come up since.

What Guys Said 5

• I think whoever feels it first:p

• do you mean whoever feels like moving the dating to the next level?

• yeah like if they feel so strongly that they are comfortable and ready to advance the relationship to the next level.

• Neither. If you really have to ask obviously the relationship isn't so hot.

Our definitions could be way different though as far as what you'are asking

• i guess its more a insecurity thing, being scared that the other person isn't feeling what you feel...

• I can understand that. Typically it's never on even feet, though occasionally it is. But more often then not one is chasing the other, which is normal. With so much pressure for acceptance and perfection it's no wonder you feel that way. Not to mention fear of rejection and O/c liking someone a lot and feeling a bit inadequate.

• Whoever talks about it first.

• Exactly what you said FBI dude, whoever feels it first

• Whoever feels the "talk" is necessary. It's not the job of any one gender in particular. But I'm more partial to your third option anyway.

What Girls Said 2

• It's nice when it happens naturally but that doesn't always happen. Who ever is curious about it should bring it up.

• Whoever wants to know should ask. Sometimes people already know but never tell their partner so if you want to know ask.