How do you feel/react when your date takes your food?

Ever been on a date and your date takes a bit of your food without asking? This question goes both ways, but does it annoy you more if the date orders a very light meal and then picks at yours because they are still hungry. Such as the infamous garden salad.

• Joey doesn't share food! (No share)
  • A bite is okay (no permission)
  • A bite is a okay (permission)
  • It's a free for all in here. (FFA)

Most Helpful Girl

• Do not reach for someone's food without permission. It's poor manners and quite frankly I find it to be embarrassing.

• That's get done restaurants give you 2 forks. One for eating and one for defense lol

• Haha!!! Some people don't understand what the big deal is, but THAT is a deal breaker for me.

• Same here. I may like her, but this is delicious.

What Girls Said 19

• I think it's so rude to take food from people's plates and I'd be put off if someone did it to me, the only time I'm comfortable sharing is a big bag of popcorn at the cinemas or its something we specifically wanted to share in front of the tv. If someone asks may I try a bit of... it's ok because I can understand wanting to try something to see if they like it and not wanting to order it in a meal in case they leave it.

• Depends on how long we've been dating. If it's a first date then I would find it kinda rude, but if we've been dating for awhile then I wouldn't care at all.

• A guy friend would always take food of my plate and the biggest pieces too with no regard for what was left for me to eat! Gotta lay some boundaries after that, and now he always asks or I just offer.

• I dont do that on a date maybe if I knew the person really well to be a ass lol or I at least ask.

• If he asked nicely then I'd probably let him
    as long as it's not a first date. If someone just reaches for my food imma smack them! But if I've been dating a guy for a bit I probably wouldn't care but it's still better to ask.

• oooooooooooooooooooo mmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy goooooooooooooood!!! the friends reference!! even if i didn't agree with the joey doesn't share food thing, id still choose it!! hahaha

• On a date? No, on a date, you should only eat your own damn food. My plate - my food, so back the fuck off. I generally do not share food, unless we are at home and there is plenty of it. But my relation with food is fucked (ED) so my opinion is maybe a little off.

• Similar situation for me in the past, bit I'll always be cheating on girls with my food love affair.

• I put B A bite is okay (no permission) . But for me it depends on the person. There's maybe 1-2 people that I know that are non family who I wouldn't care if they did that. IT's because i'm super comfortable around them and i trust them completely.

• No no no... Joey doesn't share food. xD

• sure i'd share. just not if it involves my ice-cream. I LOVE MY ICE-CREAM O. O

• I said C, if he asks me im perfectly fine with sharing, but even if he doesn't ill just act annoyed and laugh because I steal his food too lol

• I would think this rude, plus it shows he wasn't raised right

• Eeeeh with permission is okay if I don't know the person well. If I know them well, then it's FFA.

• I have not problem with it... I share :)

• No problem with it.. Unless it's like Pringles. Not pringles.

• It depends. If they're eating right off my plate then it's annoying as hell. But if they're just tasting a bite, I'm cool with that

• I do it to my boyfriend all the time. I don't really care if he doesn't like it, lol. Normally what happens is the food he orders looks better than mine, so I start eating off his plate instead. He's more than welcome to eat my food. So I don't see the problem. He tried to solve what he called a "dilemma" by ordering the same for me. However, I just ate off his plate anyway just to show him I can do it anyway, no matter what. I ate most of his pizza last weekend, and left him with mine. He hates the kind of pizza I like. lol.

• The person must be extremely hungry, I would give it all to him and say "Go ahead eat as much as you like... by the way just by looking at you while you're eating makes me loose my appetite."

• take my food without my permission and i won't be held responsible for my actions... just saying lol!!
    now if you ask nicely i might consider sharing :)

What Guys Said 6

• I don't care if my "date" takes some of my food. I get fucking pissed when my friends snag my fries or take a bite of my burger right in front of me. its my food! haha

• I'm totally down to share, but I would want her to ask for permission first.

• I dont care but some do

• I don't mean to sound like a complete ass but I'd politely ask her not to take my food, I have a bit appetite. If she was still hungry I'd order her an appetizer or a bowl of soup or something.

• You grabbed a shrimp off my plate? lol Deal breaker!