Girls, why do you give us guys shit tests?

I'm curious if there's any good answer. Most smart guys know what a shit test is, but I shall spell it out for any newbies.

A shit test is when a woman pulls something, and acts like you need to go along with it, akin to making you jump through a hoop. Such as, a girl being late (more than 15 minutes) to a date without calling/texting that she's going to be late. If you stick around, you're done, stick a fork in it. If you leave, she'll act apologetic and friendly, like she's trying to win your favor back.

Like that. A shit test is when a girl pulls something irritating and inconvenient, and then you must blow it off akin to a guy walking away going "forget it, you're not worth the trouble."

So women... why do you do this? You do know that most guys are unprepared, because guys don't do this to each other?

Most Helpful Guy

• The most successful girls don't. They're straightforward. The ones who do shit tests are idiots and have read too many Cosmos.

• Actually, you know what. It might be because you look like FUCK RYAN REYNOLDS :D

• I've done a few tests (I have never stood anyone up), but it's because I wasn't receiving a straightforward answer from the guy. Don't think the guys ever really knew it was a test.

What Girls Said 5

• Hmmm I have never done to a guy the only time I think any sort of test is in order is if he's married or involved with someone else and that sort of lie, I have a right to know. So basically women do NOT test men unless there is some reason for it.

• We are feeling you out to see if you are genuine. Our walls are up until the shit test prove otherwise.

• Sorry, I don't get your point... How does a shit test prove if we're genuine? Passing a shit test just means you're fine walking off from someone who inconveniences you. So someone is only genuine if they get exasperated and won't take any trouble from you? Thanks for the answer, btw.

• If the guy doesn't pass the test (using your example - he leaves the restaurant after waiting 15 minutes), he would not get a second date. If he stayed - he would. Sounds like the women you've come across are ass backwards. If you're interested you will wait an additional 10 minutes before leaving and sending me a text or whatever. Why would I want to date someone who can't wait 15 minutes?

• BTW, I would never stand a guy up if I committed, so the below scenario would never happen.

• Never heard of that in my life. If I liked a guy I'd never stand him up

• Never did this before nor has any of my girlfriends. Where are you meeting these ladies?

• You answered your own question. To see if he's that interested

• See, I would totally agree with you. But the only way to *pass* a shit test is to act like you don't care and she's not worth the trouble. So how does that work? Girls lose interest in guys who are interested enough in them they'll go through an inconvenience?

• Idk, how those girls work. If a guy is showing interest, I'm in :) but I also have to be into him.

• See, you're sane. But most girls--you have to act disinterested, when she gives shit test. Like you don't give a damn about her problem and you'll happily walk away. It's when you act interested and courteous about it, that just kills their interest, when you're willing to go through an inconvenience for her.

What Guys Said 7

• Because many think they can.

Let's assume you got hit on A LOT. Now... some of these girls are just kind doing a little "pretending" because they're dating you. Most people do it. If you have perceived power, you'd probably want some quick ways to cut through the garbage and see what they're really like. That's part of the reason for "tests."

I usually pass these tests not even realizing that they're tests, though so sometimes I'm a little disappointed in that they felt they couldn't trust me, but it doesn't really get to me.

If I fail a test over some small thing, however, I don't care if it disqualifies me... it disqualifies her, too. I'm not here to play immature head games. Personally, if it's a little thing like "My job isn't cool enough," then forget her, she's too shallow, and she won't be supportive when I do need it.

Just like if an employer doesn't want me because my resume isn't in Helvetica font (or because it is), then forget it, I wouldn't want to work for someone like that. They're too busy just trying to find something to criticize.

I don't set up tests on purpose, but if a client/girl does something that gives me an indication that they'll be a bad client, friend, or girlfriend, then I'm out. I try to be selective.

I'd rather be at a place where I can have fun even if no one shows up. Coffee, arcades, festivals are great. I had some fun, got to relax; and I learned that I wouldn't want to trust this girl ever again (If she called later to apologize, and had an emergency, then I'd give her another chance, obviously). Either way... whether she was purposely setting up a test or not... then I still had fun, but wouldn't want to date her. And this, in it's own way, becomes an unintentional test about her character more than mine.

• never has this happened to me:p it is my first time hearing about the shit test though haha

• This could be renamed the "'Nice Guy' Test." A nice guy sits there like an idiot for half an hour and offers a "It's okay," or "No worries" when she shows up and apologizes for being late. This is a significant reason genuine nice guys fail. To them, waiting and being forgiving and understanding is just being nice. To a girl, he's letting himself be dumped on because he thinks she'll give it up.

• Somewhere I have some good articles on this very question, I'll try and dig them up for you. Here's a simplified short answer

To check compatibility, confidence, and character

• Logically though, it makes no sense. Because the way to pass a shit test is to blow her off like you don't give a damn. So girls are programmed to go after guys who don't give a damn about them, and to lose interest in guys who actually like her.

• Logically it actually makes perfect sense. Its a subconscious defense mechanism that helps sort out potential mates from other not so great candidates. Really if you're a good selection then you'll pass a shit test without even giving it a thought.

If however a guy is just trying to score he has a high likelihood of failing unless he's fairly familiar with the process.

I for one am glad for the shit test.

• Oh also I'm fairly sure most women will deny having done the shit test.

Two possible reasons; the don't realize it because it happens subconsciously
      They would rather people didn't know about it because it makes them vulnerable

• If we allow it to happen, it will happen. I had one give me one of them. and I passed it, she kept on doing it, and I kept passing. She kicked it up a notch by going back to her ex. Thats when I just walked.

• It's evolutionary programming to find the strongest partner (I don't mean physical strength necessarily, but that means mental as well). Having a sense of direction and boundaries are attractive to most people. Don't take it personally. It's not.

• One person sees a shit test, another person is either making conversation, joking/teasing around, or doesn't want you bothering them. I like how all those retarded PUA's think women are constantly "playing the game" just because they (the PUA's) have devoted their entire lives to it.