Why is he asking me to do this?

My boyfriend is really good friends with this girl from his work and I've been getting quite jealous/afraid he likes her. They message each other a lot and from what he's said, they obviously adore each other. I've met her once and there seemed to be an awkward tension between the three of us. I also overheard him asking her about a date she was going on that night, but it sounded stilted.

He invited me to go drinking with him and her later that weekend and I declined, saying I'd find it awkward. He seemed surprised and asked why should I find it awkward? He said he reckoned we'd get on really well. The following week (this week) he's again invited me to an event that he's going to with her and is really keen for me to come.

My question is, do you think that trying to make me hang out with this girl and him is a cover-up for the fact that he/they really fancy each other and is trying to make out like they're just friends? Or do you think they really are just friends and he's trying to reassure me? Thoughts please!

Most Helpful Guy

• he may be just trying to prove to you that he is loyal to you and she is just a friend but you keep dodging his opportunities lol

What Guys Said 3

• I don't want to seem rude but have you considered the idea that he is going to plan a threesome?

• I don't think so. We've discussed that in the past and he's said that he once had one and hated it and I said I was curious (having never had one) but indifferent...

• Then I don't know what to say. But he is mysterious from what you describe. Watch out.

• Heck could be either one, he may even want a three way
    Can't really tell tbh

• You sound very jealous and that's not a good thing. Your boyfriend has done nothing wrong.

What Girls Said 1

• It really just sounds like a guy who wants u to be close to his friends. @@