I have a boyfriend but I don't know what to do?

So we've been dating for 7 months and I've known him for nearly four and a half years, including that. He was my best friend before we started dating. I love him. I love him a lot. He is an incredible guy with a great heart and someone who deserves the best in life. About three weeks ago I met this guy and I haven't been able to stop thinking about him since. i don't know him. I know he has a crush on me, but I really don't know anything about him. Knowing this has given me the opportunity to explore new ideas--and I've come to realize that there are a lot of things I don't like about my boyfriend. He's said lots of times he'd just give up if I left him (not as a threat or bribe but just to show me how much I mean to him). I don't want him to do that, because he's a great guy and we need more of those. He's serious about this relationship, and I mean really really serious. I don't think I'm ready for that yet. This is going to be my senior year in high school, and I'm not prepared for this kind of commitment, though I thought I was. I don't know if I should break up with him though. I know if I do I'll break his heart, and it'll probably break mine. I don't want to hurt him. I want anything but to hurt him, but I don't think this is going to work out. When I think about a future with him, I don't really like it. If you think I should break up with him, how do I do it? And I don't know why this new guy has been such of a big presence lately I've talked to him maybe twice and still I have had three dreams about him and can't stop thinking about him. Please help me I honestly don't know what to do

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone once told me that what matters for the future of a relationship isn't whether you think you will be with somene in a year, but rather if you want to find out if you will be together in a year. If you no longer want to find out if you will, the relationship has run its course.

You may want to go see what it is that has you so entranced by this other guy. A word of warning however, at your age, it is very easy to be entranced by someone. Don't mistake compatability with desire. Break up with your current boyfriend, talk to this new guy, but don't let anything happen with him for at least a month. Give yourself some time to settle after this last guy, and to figure out just who this guy is and what you like about him. After that, you can be free to do with him as you please.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• First off, you're a terrible person.

Second off, in my country people say ''if you want the many, you will loose the few too''. Which means, you can't have it all in your life. If you truly love your bf then you have to stick with the things you don't like about him as well. About the commitment you're saying, you must realise that someday you have to start something serious and the sooner you'll do it the better for you. Don't let your young age fool you. Life goes on and you're not becoming younger, you're becoming OLDER. If you still want to dump him then do it quick and be honest about it so that your boyfriend can continue his life and find a serious relationship since you don't want to have one.

• there's no "way" of doing it. you just do it. you say "im done, i want to break up with you"

What Girls Said 1

• You be straight up and honest and just tell him this isn't what you want. I understand you don't want to hurt him, but. . . staying with him for that reason, instead of because you actually WANT to be with him, would be the greatest betrayal of all. He deserves better than that and so do you. It won't be easy, these things never are, but with time you'll heal and he will too.