Dating while living with an ex, would this be a deal breaker?

So, long story short, my ex and I dated for just over a year. He broke it off with me. At first I was sad, but then I found out he was talking to other girls and I know now that he's quite frankly a mess. I have no interest in being with him anymore.

Luckily we have separate bedrooms and have another person living with us.

Yes it's awkward at times, but I love the location of the place and couldn't afford much on my own. At least this way I have a nice, safe place to live.

I'm dating now, and would like to meet someone. How should I bring this up?

I'm definitely not interested in being with my ex anymore, and am not a cheater.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not a situation that I'd feel very good about entering, to be honest. I'm not sure if I'd call it a 100% deal-breaker or not, but I'd expect there to be some sort of plan for a different living arrangement if things got serious.

• I'm stuck in the lease til next May, but if I can find someone to take it I would. I would have to find a place I wanted to live though first. I definitely want to try and stay, or find someone to take it over. I've moved so much in the last 5 years, that is the main reason I am staying. That and I like the place. It's one of hte best places I have lived, except for hte x Factor. But I have no interest in seeing him anymore.

• Way cool. I think those are great things to look for in a relationship. :-)

When you get to that point with a guy where you talk about your living situation, just tell him that you live with an ex but it's 100% platonic and you have absolutely zero feelings for him at all. Hopefully they'll be understanding and it'll work out.

• Thanks for your help! :)

What Guys Said 2

• that be hard to take doubt I could look past it

• Get out of that apartment.

You can say you're not interested in your ex anymore, and that you're not a cheater, but I doubt you'll find many people who will a) believe you and b) be comfortable with the idea of you living under the same roof as a guy whose dick you've had in your mouth.

What Girls Said 0