Is it normal to be absolutely infatuated with one person for a long time? Guys, would this be creepy to you?

I met him about 2 years ago, we hung out several times, chatted on fb and via text sometimes. We slept together once.

I really really liked him but I am new to all this dating stuff and acted like an idiot.

I think about him all the time, fantasize about him, etc. I tried dating other guys but it didn't help at all. I dont want anyone else. I just want him. Soo bad. I am convinced that he is the perfect guy, I idolize him. My friends dont agree or understand, I think I am just hopelessly infatuated with him.

I forgot to add that we haven't talked to eachother in a year. I thought cutting off contact would help but it didn't. by the way he is 10 years older than me, he was looking for just sex I think, but I wanted a lot more.

Most Helpful Guy

• How was the sex? Do you want more? Does he have a gf right now? How bout you text him and ask to meet for coffee or lunch and see where it goes? Does he want a relationship... if not would you like a friends with benefits relationship with him... something to consider if the sex was great.

What Guys Said 6

• Well if he's just looking for sex and you are looking for a lot more. Just keep meeting new people until one finally clicks. Being infatuated for that long can't be good. I hope it is not hindering you from fun/daily activities.
    I don't find it creepy unless you are stalking the guy aha.
    You are a gorgeous girl. You should be able to find someone that'll deserve your love and not just infatuation.

• I'm familiar with the long-term infatuation. Had a five year crush on an old friend. I never got with her and she repeatedly stopped talking to me. Somehow managed to still be friends with her to this day. Really a sweet girl.

Anyway. the obsession or crush you have may be just that. Or was this person your first?

• Her name was Sophie, we never kissed or hugged, we had a couple of classes together. I fell madly in love with her, but it never went anywhere.

Anyways, it's been roughly 7 years ago and I definitely still have that infatuation lingering inside me. It's definitely weaker now, but it took about 4 years for it to recede at all. So it happens.

• Its very creepy, but right now I wish a certain someone was doing the same to me. 2 years is a long time to be infatuated with someone. Doesn't seem healthy in the least

• If he was looking just for sex, you're gonna bring your heart chasing him!

• Dude. Go get him. What are you doing here? lol.

You're hot. Go get him.

What Girls Said 0