Loveless, but still beneficial?

Ladies, would you date a guy who is... I don't want to use the word "rich" because only 4% of Americans are rich, but well-off, if you knew in your heart and soul that he will never LOVE you. However, though he cannot fall in love, he can still purchase fancy gifts, and do all the physical stuff that women like. Could you be okay with that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it consensual? Does he enjoy my comepany/companionship? Does he treat me well? Does her care about me? Does he like me? Is it an open or monogamous relationship? Is he a good man?

Id need more details before I could answer. I'm not a needy or emotional person, but I'm not monogamous either. I don't think id enter into a relationship with him unless it was open.

• Consensual? Yes. I'm not talking about rape, here. Let's say he still did all the boyfriend stuff, but you just knew that he didn't love you. But when you ask him for something, he's there for you.

• Wow. You seem to really get me.

• ;) that means there's someone else out there that does too.

What Girls Said 8

• Date him? Sure. But it would be nothing other than a good time and I would make sure he knew that. As soon as a guy came along that I was interested in for something real, I'd leave.

• No matter what I did, you wouldn't stay?

• You would leave me as soon as something better came along, whether I loved you, or not.

• I wouldn't get into a serious relationship with a guy like that to begin with…so I wouldn't wait around for him to love me. If he assumed that money alone would be "beneficial" enough for me, then that's enough of a red flag to move on.

• Absolutely not. Love is so important. In the short run I would be ok with it. But in the long run, it would make me so miserable

• Well, when you feel miserable, I just hand you a hundred bucks or so, and send you shopping. I still couldn't make you stay forever?

• I make my own money. I don't need it to be handed to me like I was some 5 year old. That would piss me off even more

• I see... thank you.

• No, I won't love. What if the money mysteriously disappear overnight? Then you'll have nothing and NO LOVE. I wouldn't be able to date someone who doesn't have the ability to love. That's just plain hurtful.

• He'd rather you not love him. If the money disappeared overnight, I would still be incapable of loving you. Maybe you're underestimating the power of material things?

• Sorry, I just reread my comment. I meant to say WANT instead of WONT.

• Sure I could date you :)
    But I want as trip to Milan! lol.

• That's all? lol I'm just kidding. Not on a first date. Maybe after a while, sure. Why not?

• I start feeling love, I run! Life is too short to spend it in love.

• No. It would be boring and emotionless.

• I assure you it could be a lot of things, but "boring" isn't one of them. :)

• I'm fun and exciting! It's hard not to have a good time, when you're with me. I'm somewhat spontaneous. Sometimes, I will take a road-trip on a whim, just to have something fun to do. tomorrow for instance, I'm going to Michigan for some rafting. Next week, I'm going to Yellowstone. :-)

• Definitely fun. Why do you feel that you are incapable of love? Everyone is capable of love. Were you hurt in the past? That's something I can empathize with. For the longest, I thought I'd rather just be single than to be hurt again. As open as I am, I'm very guarded at the same time. When talking to any guy, I have one foot out the door. I don't allow just anyone to get too close.

• sure if i love him. :)

• You could love him even knowing that he couldn't love you back?

• well that's you not me. if you choose that's the work of your mind not your heart :)

• How can you love someone that can't love you back?

• Does he like sex? Am I attracted to him?

I have love issues too and could probsbly stay with someone I was attracted to and was attracted to me,

• Yea.. well, yes he likes sex. But could live without it. He'd rather pleasure himself. But if you'd like to have sex with him, he would do it. I don't know what kind of guy you're into, but let's just say that he looks just as good as anyone else moving around out there.

• It's still an overrated experience. I've had sex before... it was ok. Not something that I would subject myself to on the regular basis, but I guess it was ok. But like I said, I'd rather be golfing. :-)

• I'm sure some women agree. I am a fan personally, though.

• No is not ok for me. Why be with someone that doesn't love you or will never love you? Material things come and goes. Money bring you financial stability nothing else. Love brings happiness a sense of completion as a human being, even if it hurts sometimes, love make us feel alive.. Nothing compares. I choose love over money.

• No... no... see, love? Love only strips the soul away. I've seen it do nothing but bring people down! Never seen a disease that overtakes you so quickly... no... They call it "falling" for a reason.

What Guys Said 1

• It seems to work for plenty of women.

• lol. That's what I'm counting on. :)