My new boyfriend keeps saying I'm not fat though I am, why?

I met a nice guy in a bar and he was very intrested in me. He asked my phone number and we have been going out now, and now we are also sleeping together. I'm quite overweight, I wear size 18. I've changed my life style that I'll lose my extra pounds eventually but the fact is that I'm fat now.

But what bothers me is that he is like blind or something, it's like he wouldn't notice that I'm fat? He says that I don't look fat at all and I have no need to lose weight, and that he likes me just the way I am.

What's going on here? He's normalweight himself and like I said this is a new thing going on. I can't stop thinking why he is denying the facts and if he's lying about other things, too?

Most Helpful Guy

• Saying you are fat is a problem and saying you aren't is a problem too , what do you want?
    Well some guys do prefer little overweight girls, maybe he is one.

• I agree with his opinion.

• I think he like you the way you are.

• Dont over think and jump to baseless conclusion... Period

What Guys Said 5

• Any guy that tells a woman she is overweight is a pig.
    Any man that would tell a women anything negative about her appearance is not a real man.

• Maybe this is his preference. Not that unusual, with all the sticks and bones running around nowadays.

• He's being courteous.

• He seems he's attracted to you just the way you are now so why worry?

• I just worry he's lying about other things too

• Not every guy cares. I think like you though.

What Girls Said 4

• He said he likes you the way you are. I don't see the problem.

• Maybe you really don't seem fat to him? Different people have different definitions of what that is so...

• well that could be it i guess. actually many of my friends don't believe how much i weigh and what my size is, they say that i don't look that big but who knows.

• I think that might be true, my bf was shocked to hear how much I actually weigh lol

• If he thought you were fat, why would he approach you in the first place then?

• So he just doesn't see it then? I think size 18 would generally be considered fat?

• i was just about to say that. He approached you as a size 18 so no need to worry. If the thought you were too fat to the point where he can't find you attractive, he wouldn't have talked to you.

• Yeah I can understand he finds me someway attractive despite of my size but I just don't get the part when he says I don't look fat and I shouldn't lose weight (like when I say no to a dessert etc, not like I would be asking him 'hey do I look fat' lol)

• Stop telling him you're "fat," he's going to get tired of hearing it. And if he is just offering up the information that you're "not fat," then he's got problems.
    I am sure that's not the case, however.
    We all have insecurities but the worst thing you can do is keep poking and prodding with them.

• I'm not asking him 'Do you think I look fat?' or anything... it's usually like he asks if I want a desert or more wine or something, and I remember I'm on a diet. Then he says those things