Are we friends, friends with benefits or date?

So i have been friends with this guy for a long time and at one (well 3) we did sleep together, i had a huge crush on him! and we stopped talking for a year and we recently got back in contact! he is single and not doing great but not bad! he said when he spoke to me about it, that i made him feel better! so we carried on talking, i was telling him how sometimes when i was sad i would replay a memory of when he tried to do the batman voice and failed and how it always made me laugh! he said he loved how he could still make me smile without knowing it! he later asked me if me and him could have a movie night just like the old times! just me and him and i told him yes! its confusing he speaking to me like never before its different! i don't know if this movie night really is a friend thing or a date or if he just wants the chance to hit on me to sleep with me!

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he likes you. If he's going to respect your wishes he really likes you. For one if he wants to fuck he's attracted. so you already know that. plus you make him smile. and he's ok with waiting to fuck.

What Guys Said 3

• I would say that he does want to date like old times, but he also wants sex. Hard to tell which he wants more

• Well i told him to not get any ideas about the sexy old times and he said they old him would have tried to convince me but that he was okay with it!

• Sounds like he needs a friend right now.

• Really? Good i can be that right now!

• Friends or not, all guys do/will have sex on the brain, so watch out for that. Also if he is down in the dumps, it can be more temping for sex to get mixed into the pot!

• Okay then if he does seem like he will make a move how can i defuse the situation without being mean

• He might be using you for comfort, sex, or he can be sincere. Go on one date see how it goes. You should be able to tell from the date.

What Girls Said 2

• Well it is difficult to say. But Movie night seems a bit weird let me say. You two already slept together so there is a possibility that he can try his chances in terms of sleeping again. Try to arrange sth different like drinking coffee, an afternoon meeting. See what his reactions will be.

• I don't think you should sleep with him because he could be doing this just to have sex with you. I think you guys should go on a couple of dates. And if he saids he wants to fuck tell him your on your period. Also soon ask him to date you. if he saids no its just because he doesn't like you and wants to get in your pants. And if that's the case you deserve someone way better than that!!!