Guys - Is it a deal breaker if a girl isn't a great cook?

So I haven't really cooked much in my life, but am open to trying. Would you write a girl off for not being talented in the kitchen?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most women can't cook. Even in the past most women didn't learn to cook until after she was married. So it never has been a deal breaker for most men. Even fewer women than ever learn to cook today, so any guy holding out for a good cook, is likely to end up alone.

I cook all the time, and expect her to eventually help out as well. I have no interest in eating out all the time, or living off of frozen dinners for the rest of my life. So she needs to be open to the idea of learning to cook, and preparing healthy dishes. That sounds like it is a mindset that you have, so I doubt most guys will have a problem with it.

What Guys Said 14

• I'm looking for a lover and a partner, not a chef (or a maid). A woman's value to me has nothing to do with her ability to cook. I've been told I'm pretty good at cooking so I'm sure we won't starve.

• Nope. My background is such that I am a pretty good cook, and I would prefer if she did not since I like my food.

• It doesn't bother me because I love food, and that's a part of my world that I'd be able to use to open up new things to her and share with her.

Besides, I'm pretty easily impressed when it comes to a woman cooking for me. Slap together a five minute sandwhich while wearing a cute little apron and I'd probably be in put-a-ring-on-it mode. How I've never had that after years and years of serious relationships, I just don't know...

• Not a deal breaker, I like to cook. If I cooked, would you do the dishes?

• Yeah ,,,... in the 1950's... a decent cook will do as long as there is enough for leftovers... in fact there are a lot of guys that love cook too you know?

• Not a deal breaker. I would cook and you could help and learn in the process and it would be fun. You would be the sous chef.

• It's not bad you can't cook that's something the guy should overlook and accept you for who you are

• Kind of cuz i LUV foooood! But dat doesn't mean i our relationship wouldn't work out. I still luv her as always as long as she is being a good wifey.

• It's a dealbreaker if she isn't hot.

• I wouldn't write her off, but it sure would make her more attractive

• No I don't care about that. I usually cook my food anyway

• As long as you know how to work a microwave, I'm all set. I don't think any guy would write you off in the first couple of dates for bad cooking. It would be something brought up a few months in, or a few years in.

• Depends can you go deep?

• Nope because I can cook, I can teach her and we can cook together.

What Girls Said 2

• I mean you can always learn how to cook so it shouldn't be a deal breaker. I learned how to cook at age 18 and am now 21. My sis however learned how to cook at 14. She would tell me always that if I had a man to always call her over so that she can do the cooking and right afterwards flee, to not let my bf found out she did the cooking. She would say that on purpose lol dimrb sis. I felt so bad I said screw it, I'm learning how to cook, he needs to taste food from my hand.

So its just motivation in all. Is more of a bonus and you can always make up for it with other criteria :)

• You better get a cook book like every other white woman on earth.