Just not feeling it. Any advice?

I met a guy on a dating site and we talked for a week nonstop. At the end of the week we met up for a casual date. He was sweet and funny and really nice so I decided to keep talking to him afterwards. I wasn't completely attracted to how he looked and I know that sounds shallow but sometimes physical attraction can help. Anyways, after about another week, we went on a second date. All throughout the date something just felt off. I wasn't feeling a connection and I was kind of liking him less as the date progressed. I know that he likes me a lot and he keeps telling me about how he's told friends and family about me which makes me a bit uncomfortable because I feel like he already sees me as his girlfriend. I just don't think I like him as much as he likes me at the moment and I don't know what to do. Has anyone else been in a position like this? Should I break it off with him or just give it some time? If I should break up with him how would you recommend doing that?

I know this sounds harsh but is telling him via text out of question? I don't want to set up another date just so that I can break it off and we have only been talking for a couple weeks...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should break it off. To me, trying to find a way to let someone down gently is like trying to find the Northwest Passage. It doesn't exist. Seeing as though there is no painless way to let someone down, I suggest doing it quickly. Thank him for taking you out. Thank him for his time and effort. Tell him you're just not feeling the connection. Give him chance to speak his peace, but limit that time. At some point, tell him you've got to go and exit stage left. I don't recommend the "I hope we can be friends" option (I wrote a question about it that you might want to take a look at)

Yes, he will be hurt, but there's nothing you can do about it. Ultimately, if you continue going out with this guy and he develops even more feelings, he'll be hurt even worse when you inevitably have to break it off then.

Here's the question I wrote:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q948754-why-friend-zone-someone-knowing-prolongs-the

What Guys Said 3

• Feelings are department of heart and decisions about Love and marriage must be taken with heart. Brain decide on physical comfort and gains, Heart decide on emotional attachments and feelings of satisfying each other all the way. Keep meeting and try to understand him, but decide with your heart, do not allow your brain to make decision in this matter.

• You need to make yourself distant
    from the guy, don't keep going out
    on dates with him, if your not attracted
    to the guy, if you keep talking to him
    your leading him on, be adult about things
    just make yourself busy

• Just tell him that you aren't interested.

What Girls Said 5

• Ok my advice is yes stop giving him so much attention but just be honest with him! Right now you are leading him on and if you just drop of the face of the earth then he'll be really confused and hurt. Trust me I've done that too a guy and it really sucked, I felt terrible afterwards

• You don't like him. Break it off. It will hurt him anyway. It is better to make it as early as possible before he grows his feelings more and more.

• Break it off. The sooner the better. The longer this goes on, the more difficult it will become.
    Your first thoughts/instincts about a person are important. Sure he might be a great guy. But if the physical attraction is not there... it never will be. Don't lead him on. End it now.

Just basically tell him you think he's great. but you're not feeling the connection.

• If you don't feel anything, then break it off.

• if i was you id just be upfront your going too loose the friendship either way but at least he can move on
    the reason why your feeling like this because of the pressure he's put on you
    if he didn't mention about how he told his family etc you'll probably be still into him

but once you've made up your mind thats it
    be straight out with him and tell him whats on your mind because right now that guy is thinking about you and the next date.