If you have sex with a girl you've just started to date, are you using that to decide if you want to be in a relationship or have you already decided?

Many guys claim they're looking for a relationship, yet they often want to sleep together before you've really confirmed you're exclusive or had the talk. How can you be sure they want a relationship and they're not just either trying to "get some" or using sex as a way to decide if they want to be in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys bond through sex, and that could change their mind about being in a relationship. Generally however, they have already made their decision. The promise of a relationship is one of the ways a guy can get sex. That is generally what you are going to run into if you have sex with guys that you aren't in a relationship with yet. These guys may continue to remain with the girl as long as she puts out, over trying to find an easier source for sex, but they tend not to put much work in the relationship.

What Guys Said 7

• Well, if I had sex with you, you're my girlfriend. I wouldn't have sex with a person who is not my girlfriend. First date? Just be happy with the steak dinner, romantic comedy, long barefoot walk along the shore, and the ride home. I'll call you tomorrow if I had a good time. Don't assume I want sex, just because I'm a guy. That would push me away. Take things slow, allow things to develop.

• To be honest there's no way to be sure because every guy is different. But I think if he's dating the girl he will most likely be after a relationship.

Or he could just be seeing what you're like in the bedroom as a way of deciding if he wants to try and go further.

• I only make love to the girl I love. Sex couldn't happen without love.

But that's for me! Jz be wary and test him for it if you are looking for a serious relationship.

If he's into you, he isn't going to judge you on bed. But how you two would get along and how good both of you felt when together

• Sex is like 50% of a relationship. I'm surprised you don't want to know, too...

Another Canucker! Lemme guess. Toronto.

• I want relationship with the girl get to know her as well as she gets to know me

• I would already have desided.

• If a guy likes you he will get too know and feel comfortable around you before sex

What Girls Said 1