How to tell a guy that I can't date, without hurting him?

A guy I know has been flirting with me pretty hard, and a mutual friend told me he was planning on asking me out. I'm very good friends with this guy and like him as a friend, but I am not attracted to him. I really don't want to hurt his feelings, but I'm not allowed to date. So I guess the question is, how do I make him believe me when I tell him that I'm not allowed to date anyone, not just him.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm way older than you but I'm just going to say, he will believe you, it's not uncommon that people aren't allowed to date. Just tell him, maybe have your friends back up your story. He'll be fine

What Guys Said 2

• in this case just tell him straight that you are literally not allowed to date him. it will give him all the closure he needs and he won't feel so bad.

• Pain is apart of life and it only stands to make us stronger unless we attempt to avoid the unavoidable.

What Girls Said 0